The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is situated in the Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal. It is one of the famous National Law Universities of India and is among the Top Law Colleges in India. The university is situated in the Salt Lake City, Kolkata. Law aspirants always have the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences as their preference when it comes to joining a good law college. The reason behind such a goodwill is the facilities that the college offers to the students. The University aims to disseminate learning and knowledge of the law and legal processes and their role in national development. The students can get all the details about the college such as the Facilities offered at the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, the fee structure, courses offered, placements and much more from this page.
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
- Estd: West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences was established in 1999.
- Location: LB Block, Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal.
Facilities offered by West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences:
- CAMPUS: Located in the Salt Lake City, the institution is nearby to the Railway Stations in Kolkata. The campus is spread over an area of 5 Acre. The campus includes facilities like Guest House and Gymnasium for the faculty and the students both.
In the college, there is its own auditorium with all the modern facilities for the students.
- The Academic block has – Library, Lecture theater, AC Conference room, Separate LLB and LLM Classrooms and a canteen.
Students have access to a number of databases such as Hein Online, Hexis Nexis, Manupatra and many more.
Some other facilities
- Hostels – An accommodation of 500 Students, common dining area with TV. Boys hostel has two wardens whereas the girl’s hostel has 1 warden
IT Services – IT Service Management services, Information Security, Risk Management, Wifi Security, Digital Projection System, Composite Digital Lectern System, CCTV Surveillance System, Software asset management system.
- Medical Services – On-campus medical consultation is available to the students. The university has the arrangement with the Columbia Asia hospital located within a distance of 1 km from the university.
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences – Courses
The students have a variety of Law Courses available at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. All of the courses mentioned below have their separate eligibility. The students who want to fill the Application Form for any of these courses can check out the same from this page.
Seat Availability at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences has a number of seats available for different programs. Candidates can check the same from the table below. Also, the number of seats may change every year but the information below is as per the latest data on the official website. In case there happens to be any change in the fee structure or any other detail for that matter, the same will be updated on this page.
Admission Process at West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences
Just like the other National Law Universities, candidates can take admission on the basis of the marks scored by them in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) exam. However, students should note that alongside clearing the CLAT exam with appropriate marks, students must also match the eligibility criteria as mentioned below on this page.
CLAT 2019 Expected Date: CLAT 2019 is expected to be conducted on May 12, 2019.
CLAT 2019 Conducting Body: According to the speculations, the CLAT 2019 exam is expected to be conducted by the National Law University Odisha.
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences – Eligibility Criteria
The students must note down that before filling the CLAT 2019 Application Form, students have to check if they match the Eligibility standards as defined by the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. The Eligibility criteria is different for various courses and thus, they must not be confused.
BA/ B.Sc/ LLB – The students must have completed 10+2 Students must not have at least 50% marks for the General category students. The SC/ST candidates need to have at least 45% marks in the.
LLM – For taking admission in the LLM course, the students must have at least 55% marks in aggregate.
West Bengal National Law University of Judicial Sciences – Entrance Exam Accepted
The West Bengal National Law University of Judicial Sciences accepts the CLAT score. The students can check. Below the students can check the details related to the CLAT exam.
- CLAT Exam Expected Date: It is expected that the CLAT exam is expected to be conducted on May 12, 2018.
- CLAT Conducting Body: It is expected that the CLAT exam is going to be conducted by the National Law University, Odisha.
West Bengal National Law University of Judicial Sciences – Placements
Students are informed that the institute has an excellent placement record since 2008. Some of the finest National and International law firms have visited here. The institute has a Campus Recruitment Committee that is run by the students itself. The committee coordinates with the students of the graduating batch and is responsible for the communication and coordination between the students and the recruiters. Below are some of the companies that have visited the West Bengal National Law University of Judicial Sciences.
International Law Firms
- Allen & Overy
- Clifford Chance
- Baker And Mckenzie
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Simmons And Simmons
- Herbert Smith
- Cravath, Swaine, And Moore
- Sj Berwin
National Law Firms
- Amarchand Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co.
- ALMT Legal
- Economic Laws Practice
- Azb & Partners
- Juris Corp
- J. Sagar Associates
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Kochhar & Co.
- Majmudar & Co.
- O. P. Khaitan & Co.Paras Kuhad & Associates
- Thakker & Thakker
- New Delhi Law Offices Saha & Ray
- Titus & Co.
- Tottenham India Law Associates
- Wadia & Ghandy Associates
- Udwadia Udeshi & Co.
- Balmer Lawrie
- Apeejay Finance
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Development Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
- Hindustan Lever Ltd
- Ernst & Young.
- Icici Bank Ltd
- Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Pangea 3
- Sahara India Pariwar
- Reliance Infocomm
- Securities And Exchange Board Of India
- Tata Sons
- State Trading Corporation
Civil Society Organizations
- Human Rights Law Network
- Centre For Civil Society
- South Asia Human Rights Documentation Centre
- Amarjeet S. Chandiok
- Abhrojit Mitra
- Jaideep Gupta
- Bikash Bhattacharya
- V.R. Reddy
- Raju Ramachandran
Below is the fee structure for the various law courses available at the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. However, the students are informed that the fee can change and if it does we will update the same.
- BA LLB – Rs 2,24,000
- BSc LLB – Rs 2,24,000
- LLM – Rs 1,23,500