ULSAT 2020 – UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) is a university-level law entrance exam which is conducted every a year. This is an annual exam organized by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun. Candidates who wish to pursue the BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons) courses offered by the university need to appear for this examination. Students can get admissions in the courses offered by the university either through the exam pathway or they can opt for the non-examination pathway through their scores in Class 12 Board Merit, CLAT Merit or L-SAT India Merit scores if found eligible by the University. The university offers up to 20% of the seats in LLB programs through the non-exam pathway. Applicants can get complete details about the UPES LAW ENTRANCE TEST (UL SAT) 2020 on this page.
UPES Law Admission Test (UL SAT) 2020
The table below comprises of all the important events and their schedules for UL SAT 2020 examination. Candidates can refer to the table below to keep a track of all the events so that they do not miss on any important event during the admission procedures.
|Last date to submit the Application form||1st week of May 2020|
|Issue date for ULSAT admit card offline exam||Last Apr 2020|
|ULSAT 2018 Offline examination||1st week of May 2020|
|Issue date for ULSAT admit card for online exam||1st week of May 2020|
|ULSAT 2018 online examination||2nd week of May 2020 – For Absentees|
|Declaration of ULSAT result||3rd week of Jun 2020 – LLM|
|Commencement of GDPI sessions||June 2020|
|ULSAT counselling||June 2020|
UL SAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that the candidates go through the information released officially by the university before they fill up their application forms. Since the admission in the various law courses are offered through the exam pathway and the non-exam pathway. Candidates should thoroughly go through the information brochure.
CLAT Merit / L-SAT India Merit
- Candidates who wish to pursue BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons) should have scored at least 50% marks in their Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) examination.
- Candidates should have CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum of 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates who have compartment exams will not be eligible for admission to any program of study in the University.
UL SAT 2020 Application Forms
Candidates who wish to appear for UL SAT 2020 entrance exam need to register themselves for the examination at the official webiste of UPES Univeristy. Candidates will have to must ensure the eligibility criteria before filled application forms to the university before the last scheduled date to complete the application process.
UL SAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates who successfully submit their application forms before the last scheduled date issued the admit cards on the basis of the information mentioned in their application forms. The admit cards is uploaded on the University website www.upes.ac.in. Students will have to affix a photograph and attest it as soon as they have downloaded the admit card. Candidates will have to carry their admit cards on the day of examination and the admit card has to be produced at the allotted test center. Candidates without the admit card or card without the photograph will not be allowed to take the test.
UL SAT 2020 Exam Centres
The table below comprises of the list of all the exam centres along with their expected test city code. This information is based as per the previous year’s official notification. Candidates can refer to the table to get a rough idea about the examination centres that might be available this year too.
|City Name||Test City Code||City Name||Test City Code|
UL SAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The UL SAT 2020 exam will be conducted in the online mode. The examination will be an objective type examination and the candidates will have to answer a total number of 150 multiple choice questions. The examination will be of a duration of 3 hours. It is an aptitude test conducted to test the potential of the applicants. Hence, candidates are advised to prepare well for the examination.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative & Numerical Ability||30|
|Legal General Knowledge||30|
|Total no. of Questions||150|
UL SAT LLB Programs through Non-exam Pathway
UPES offers 20% of the seats in LLB programs through nonexam pathway.
Age Criteria: Only candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1997 are eligible to apply for admission (As per Bar Council of India). Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate only will be taken as authentic.
Non Examination Pathway – Admissions through Board Merit / CLAT /L-SAT India score (Upto 20% of Seats)
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/ B.Com, LLB (Hons)- Candidates with minimum 50% Marks in Higher & Senior Secondary (10th & 12th) and CLAT ranking upto 10000/ L-SAT India score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude test and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/ BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates with 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English as one of the compulsory paper) are exempted from UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) and will be invited directly for GD and Interview.
UL SAT 2020 Result
Candidates who have successfully complete the UL SAT 2020 online examination can check their result from the official website or through the direct link which will be provided.
UL SAT Previous Year Question Papers
Click the links given below to download previous years UL SAT question papers.
Official Website: www.upes.ac.in