PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam is for entrance to Punjab University’s 3 year LLB course. Candidates who aspire to study this course can apply for this entrance test. The application form for this has to be filled online from the official website pglaw.puchd.ac.in. It should be filled before the last date. There is a fee which has to be paid along with the application form. It will be considered as incomplete if the fee payment is not done. Candidates who want to appear for this exam can check the PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam for all the information about its eligibility, registration, important dates, syllabus etc on this page.
PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam
The table below enlists all the important events and schedules for PU LLB 2018 Entrance Exam. Candidates refer to the table below to get a clear idea about all the important events.
|PU LLB 2018||Important Dates|
|Application form Start Date||10 Apr 2018|
|Last date to submit the information to generate bank challan||22 May 2018|
|Last date to deposit fee through web generated bank challan||25 May 2018|
|Last date to fill the rest of the information and upload photograph, signature||28 May 2018|
|Last date to correct form and fill the application||31 May 2018 till 5:00 PM|
|Availability of online Admit Card|
|LLB 2018 Entrance Exam|
|Uploading Answer Key and objections||20 Jun 2018|
|Last date for objections||22 Jun 2018|
|Uploading of the response to the Objections and inviting Cross-objections (through email only)||24 Jun 2018|
|Last date of submission of Cross-objections to the Answer Key||26 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Result||29 Jun 2018|
|Date of availability of online Admission Form for L.L.B||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Counselling Dates||To be announced|
PU LLB 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application form, it is necessary that the candidates first check the eligibility criteria for PU LLB 2018. It is necessary that they first check the criteria before filling the application form. Those preparing for this exam should check all the rules that they have to fulfil before filling the application form:
- They should have Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any discipline with at least 45%* marks in aggregate from Panjab University or any other University recognized by Bar
Council of India and Panjab University. A relaxation of 5% in minimum aggregate marks is there for students of the SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- If the candidate is having Bachelor’s degree of Punjab University or any other
University recognized by the Syndicate through the Modern Indian Languages/Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi (Gurmukhi script) and/or in a Classical Language such as Sanskrit or Persian or Arabic, the aggregate of 45% marks will be calculated by taking
into account the percentage of aggregate marks that they have secured at the
language examination, excluding the marks for the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
Note: Punjab University has given a comprehensive list of those colleges which have been declared as fake by University Grants Commission (UGC). Punjab University has also de-recognized them. Candidates who are from these colleges are exempted from appearing for the examination. Have a look at the list:
- Maithlli University/ Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar
- Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi
- United Nations University, Delhi
- Vocational University, Delhi
- ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New
- Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, Delhi
- Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672 Sanjay
Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot, Delhi.
- Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka
- St. John‟s University, Kishanttam, Kerala
- Raja Arabic University, Nagpur
- Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta
- Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research, 8 – A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech
inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta.
- Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (U.P.), Jagatpuri, Delhi
- Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women‟s University) Prayag, Allahabad(U.P.)
- Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad (U.P.)
- National University of Electro Complex, Homeopathy, Kanpur
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh (U.P.)
- Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura (U.P.)
- Maharana Partap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Partapgarh (U.P.)
- Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional ea, Khoda, Makanpur, Noida
- Gurukul Vishwavidyalaya, Vrindawan (U.P.)
- Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road,
- North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha.
- Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP – the matter is subjudice before the District
University de-recognized by Panjab University
- E.I.I.L.M. University Sikkim degrees which have been awarded after 2013-2014.
PU LLB 2018 Eligible Colleges
Aspirants who are preparing for PU LLB 2018 can take note of the following colleges which will take candidates on the basis of score of PU LLB 2018. The list of the colleges are as follows:
- Department of Laws, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Panjab University Regional Centre, Muktsar.
- UIL, Panjab University Regional Centre, Ludhiana.
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Swami Sarvanand Giri, PU Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur.
PU LLB 2018 Seats Division
Punjab University has released the seat division for its LLB course. Candidates who are applying to this program can have a look at the following seat division as specified by the University.
|Course||Department||Number of Seats|
|L.L.B (3 years)||Department of Laws, P.U. Chandigarh||300|
|P.U. Regional Centre, Muktsar (Punjab)||60|
|UIL, P.U. Regional Centre, Ludhiana (Punjab)||60|
|UILS, Panjab University Swami Sarvanand Giri Regional Centre, Bajwara, Hoshiarpur||60|
PU LLB 2018 Application Process
PU LLB 2018 application form will be filled online from the official website. It can be filled through the link as well which will be provided on this page. The candidate has to upload the photograph and their signature as well in the form. A fee also has to be paid with the application form so that the application process is over. Those who are desirous of appearing in this exam should fill the application form at the earliest and not postpone filling it.
PU LLB 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for PU LLB 2018 will be released for those candidates only who complete the application process along with the fee on time. It will be available online on the official website of Punjab University. A link also will be provided for the same on this page from where the candidate can download it.
The admit card is an important document. It has to be carried by the candidate on the day of the examination. Those who do not carry the admit card to the exam hall will not be allowed to take the examination. It will be used in the admission process also. Hence the candidate should not lose the admit card.
PU LLB 2018 Sample Paper
Punjab University has released a sample paper in 3 languages for the students. Candidates preparing for this exam can have a look at the sample paper to have an idea about the level of questions that can come up in the exam. They are also advised to practice from this to score more.
[googleapps domain=”drive” dir=”file/d/1cfS48ByKYM2mz9QZRqrcTprPz99rkOA4/preview” query=”” width=”640″ height=”480″ /]
PU LLB 2018 Examination Center
The centre of PU LLB 2018 will be Chandigarh only. There is no other centre given by the University. Those who want to take this exam will have to come to the city to take the PU LLB 2018 Examination.’
PU LLB 2018 Examination Pattern
PU LLB 2018 Exam is a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) based. There will be 100 questions in the paper. The total marks of the exam are 100. There will be 4 choices for a question, out of which only 1 will be the correct option. For every correct answer , 1 mark will be awarded. Every wrong answer will invite a negative marking of 0.25.
The language of the paper will be English. However, the paper will also be available in Hindi and Punjabi as well. Those preparing for this exam can have a look at the exam pattern of PU LLB 2018.
PU LLB 2018 Exam Pattern
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||40 Marks|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English||20 Marks|
PU LLB 2018 Answer Key
PU LLB 2018 Answer key will be declared 3 days after the PU LLB 2018 Exam is conducted. The answer key will be available on the official website. Candidates will be allowed to raise objections to the asnwer key within the deadline as specified by the University. Those who want to raise objection can do so before the last date.
PU LLB 2018 Result
The PU LLB 2018 Exam result will be declared after the PU LLB 2018 Exam. It will be declared on the official website of Punjab University. Candidates can also check the results through the result link which will be provided on this page. No separate result card will be issued by the University.
PU LLB 2018 Counselling Process
The candidates who clear the entrance exam will be called for further counselling rounds. Before counselling the candidate will have to fill an admission form which will be available online. It is advised to the candidates that they fill the admission form even before the list is declared so that they don’t miss the admission form deadline.
For more information about PU LLB 2018, download the information brochure.
Official website: pglaw.puchd.ac.in