National University of Advanced Legal Studies is located in Kochi, Kerala. The premier institition is very famous among the students and is one of the Top National Law Institutions in India. Students from around the country aim to take admission in the NUALS, Kochi. Students are available Undergraduate, Postgraduate and PhD courses at NUALS, Kochi. The institution offers advanced Law knowledge with the help of all the modern facilities. Studets can check the complete information about the instituition such as the facilities, availability of seats, Admission Process and much more from this page.
National University of Advanced Legal Studies
The National Law University got established in 2005. NUALS, Kochi is located in a prominent location of Medical College – NAD Rd, HMT Colony, North Kalamassery, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. The students at NUALS enjoy a number of facilities. Candidates can check out some of the advanced facilities available at NUALS Kochi.
Facilities for Students
An advanced Library that has a collection of 13,420 Law Books, access to a number of online legal resources, scanners, printers and more. Students don’t need to worry about the space as the library has an upper floor where more students can be accommodated.
Academic Block – Large Classrooms, Speaker systems, Moot court hall, Elevator access, 7 classrooms in total. One each for 3rd, 4th, and 5th-year law students. One classroom is for LLM students
Moot Court Hall
A large and spacious hall that is well furnished with all the moot court requirements such as Sound speaker system, witness stands etc.
A seminar hall is also situated at the NUALS, Kochi. This is where the activities such as Inaguration ceremonies, seminars and more have been carried out.
Having 16 Academic centres in NUALS, all sponsored by the Government of Kerala, they deal with everything from Human Rights to Intellectual Property Rights. Here, the in-depth research is carried out. Regularly organizing national and international seminars, assisting the state and central government in the policy formation are some of the common activities of the research centres at NUALS, Kochi.
Along with the above facilities, the students are also available at the wi-fi facility. As soon as the students receive their roll number and passwords, they get access to the wifi facility.
Some Other Facilities at NUALS Kochi
- Mess Committee
- Environment Committee
- Welfare Committee
- Conference Room
- Sports Ground
- Music Room
- Counselling Room
National University of Advanced Legal Studies – Courses
- B.A.LL.B (Hons.)
- PG Diploma
Admission Process of NUALS
The students can take admission in the National University of Advanced Legal Studies on the basis of the marks scored in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). On the basis of the CLAT Scores, the candidates can take admission in the Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. So, lets understand a bit about CLAT.
- Those students who want to take admission at NUALS, Kochi need to appear for the CLAT 2019 exam.
- CLAT 2019 Exam Date – The CLAT exam is expected to be conducted on May 12, 2019.
CLAT 2019 Application Form – The students will be able to fill the CLAT 2019 Application Form from the month of January.
NUALS – Eligibility Criteria
- Valid CLAT Score – First of all, the studnets need to have a valid CLAT Score.
- 10+2 with at least 45% marks.
- SC/ST Category candidates need to have at least 40% marks
- 55% total marks in aggregate
- SC/ST candidates need to score at least 50% marks
55 Marks in the qualifying examination or a CGPA of 6.0 in the 10 point scale.
NUALS has a Campus Committee Recruitment Cell that is admisnistered by the graduating year students of the college. Candidates can take part in the placement procedure by informing the heads. The recruiters have to inform the cell before they make their visit at the campus.
The facility of the telephonic interview or video conferencing is also available in the event personal interview is not possible.
The students at the National University of Advanced Legal Studies are placed with some of the big names. Below the students can check out the list of companies that the NUALS, Kochi graduates have been placed at.
- AZB & Partners
- Altacit Global
- Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co.
- Amarchand Mangaldas
- Atman Law Partners
- BMR Legal
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Biz & Legis
- Bowling & Co Solicitors
- Campus Watch
- Career Launcher
- Centre for Public Policy Research
- Cochin University Of Science And Technology
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
- DSK LEGAL
- Desai & Diwanji
- Dias Law Associates
- EnAble India
- Geojit BNP Paribas
- Greenpeace India
- HAQ: Centre for Child Rights
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Human Rights Law Network, Delhi
- ICICI Bank
- ICICI Lombard
- ICICI Prudential
- Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access (IDIA)
- Intellect Design Arena Ltd
- Inventus Law
- Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
- K&S Partners
- K. Ashar & Co.
- KPMG India
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Kerala High Court
- Khaitan & Co.
- Kochhar & Company
- Lakshmikumaran and Sridharan
- Legum Consultants
- Live Law
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Make A Difference
- Medea Capital Partners Limited
- Meenaxi Enterprise Inc
- Mumbai Centre For International Arbitration
- Mundkur Law Partners
- National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
- National Law School of India University
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Cochin
- New York University
- Osborn McDerby LLP
- Policy Eye
- Related Companies
- Reliance Communications
- Reserve Bank of India
- Royal Cyber, Inc.
- S&R Associates
- Scriboard [Advocates & Legal Consultants]
- Self Employed
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Singhania & Co LLP
- South Indian Bank
- Sri Balaji Society, Pune
- Students For Liberty
- Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, India
- Symbiosis Law School
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Tatva Legal
- The Country Club India Ltd
- The Hindu
- The Muthoot Group
- The Network for International Law Students (NILS)
- Thomson Reuters
- Universal Legal/The Chugh Firm
- University of Bristol
- University of Oxford
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- VKC Group, India
- World Vision
- e-Business International Inc
- thiru & thiru
- universal legal
- vakilsearch (vakilsearch.com)
NUALS Placement Brochure: Get Here
NUALS Fee Structure
Below, the students can check out the fee structure for the avalable courses at NUALS. The students are informed that the fee structure is as per the previous year and can be changed.
- BA LLB – Rs 1,60, 900
- LLM – Rs 1,25,200
- PG Diploma – Rs 21000