MH Law CET 2018 – The 3 year LLB candidates who have qualified the CET Test have the last opportunity to make the relevant changes in the MH Law CET 2018 Application form. Candidates can do so from October 19, 2018. The LLB3 Round 3 Final Merit List list has been released by Directorate of Higher Education on the offcial website. Students can check the same from the page below. The final merit list has been released for 3 type of candidature namely – Maharashtra State Candidature, All India Category and along with these categories, the merit list for the candidates not considered for round 3 has been released. To know more about the examination, such as exam pattern, syllabus, how to apply, about admit card, result and dates of the MH Law CET 2018, candidates must read the article further.
MH Law CET 2018
Given below in the table are the important dates for the common entrance test of MH law.
|Event||LLB 5 Yrs||LLB 3 Yrs|
|Online registration starts||23 Feb 2018||16 Apr 2018|
|Online registration ends|
30 Mar 2018
|16 May 2018|
|Last date to edit the application details||26 Mar 2018||23 Oct 2018|
|Last date for online fee payment||26 Mar 2018||16 Apr to the 16 May 2018|
|Last date for printing Application form||22 Apr 2018||31 May 2018|
|Availability of Admit card||11 Apr 2018 (onwards)||01 Jun 2018|
|Date of Examination||22 Apr 2018 (Sunday)||17 Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Result||07 May 2018||28 Jun 2018|
Note: The MH Law CET 2018 qualified students can make the final changes in their application form from October 19, 2018 to October 23, 2018.
Final Correction in LLB 3 Year Application Form
The CET Cell has noticed that some students still have mistakes in the submitted application form. Thus the MH CET 2018 qualified candidates who have uploaded incorrect details or documents will now be able to correct the application form. Check the official notification and the schedule from below.
LLB 3 Round 3 Final Merit List
The students are now able to check out the final merit list for 3 year LLB. The final merit list has been majorly released for the Maharashtra State Candidature, the All India candidature and also for the candidates that are not considered for the round 3.
Maharashtra State Candidature
All India Category
Candidates not considered for Round 3
- Click here to check Student Allocation Round 3.
- Click here to check Institute Wise Allotment List Round 3.
- Click here to check List of the candidates whose previous round admissions are cancelled due to Dynamic Allocation in Round 3.
MH Law CET 2018 CAP
The Unaided Private Professional Educational Institution shall admit Candidates through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The Competent Authority shall invite Online Applications from the Candidates who had participated in the CET, for the Centralized Admission Process for seeking admission to the Professional Course: LL.B.-5 Yrs. Full-Time Regular Integrated Course for which at least Non –Zero Score in MAH-LL.B-5 CET-2018 is required for the Academic Year 2018-2019.
Schedule for MH Law CET 2018 CAP
3 Year Programme
5 Year Programme
- Notice No. 10 – Round IV-Important Instructions to colleges and candidates for L.L.B-3 Yrs. View Here
- LLB-3 Final Merit List. View Here
- Notice No 8 LL.B-3 Unconfirmed Application/Option Form. View here.
- Notice No. 9 Extension to Form Accepting LL.B-5 Yrs. View here.
- Notice No. 6 Minutes of the meeting with Principals of Law Colleges-LLB 3 year. View here.
- Notice No. 7 Extension to Form Filling LL.B-3 Yrs. View here.
- Notice regarding extension of date for form filling for Round 3 has been released. Check here.
- Click here to check ARA Circular regarding registration for all professional courses of unaided colleges.
- Click here to check the revised notice regarding the conduct of CAP Round III for LL.B. 3 year programme.
- Click here to check new colleges for CAP Round 3.
- Click here to check the notice regarding the conduct of CAP Round III for LL.B. 3 year programme.
- Click here to check Notice regarding Round-II admission for Betterment/Upward Shift Round for LL.B. 3 Year.
- Click here to check Notice for LLB 5 Years CAP Institution level round.
- Click here to check notice regarding ARA-College/Course Registration and Admissions.
- Click here to check notice regarding CAP III.
- Click here to check notice regarding CAP II for LL.B. 5yr. programme.
Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State has released Allocation lists for candidates who had appeared for LAW CET. Two seperate lists have been published one for Maharashtra candidates and one for Other than Maharashtra candidates. Allocation lists are available on the official website, also, direct links to check the same is also provided below.
- Click here to check Vacancy details for Institutional Level Round – IV for M.S. General(Open), Category, Management Quota & OMS Candidates.
- Click here to check Vacancy details for Institutional Level Round – IV for P.H, Ex-Service Man & ORP( Orphan) Candidates.
- Click here to check Vacancy details for Round 3.
- Click here to check Kerala LLB 3 Year Vacancy Details for Round 3 (PH, Ex-ServiceMan, ORP).
- Click here to check New Colleges for Round 3.
- Click here to check details regarding Cast Validity and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate Upload Facility.
- Click here to check Vacancy List for LLB 5 Year.
- Click here to check LLB5 Year Allocation – Round 3 List For Maharashtra 2018.
- Click here to check LLB5 Year Allocation – Round 3 List For Other Than Maharashtra 2018.
- Click here to check Freeze and Float – Logic and Instructions for Confirming the Admissions in the First Round of Allocation for LLB 3 Year.
- Click here to check Vacancy for LLB 5 Round 3.
- Click here to check J&K circulars.
- Click here to download the Provisional Allotment Letter.
- Click here to check the LLB 5 years Round 2 List For Maharashtra Candidates.
- Click here to check the LLB 5 years Round 2 List For Other Than Maharashtra Candidates.
- Click here to check the LLB 5 years Round 2 List For NRI OCI/PIO/FNS Candidates.
- Click here to check LLB 5 years Round 1 Allocation list for Maharashtra Candidates.
- Click here to check LLB 5 years Round 1 Allocation list for Other than Maharashtra Candidates.
The Candidates seeking admissions to the Professional Courses for the academic year 2018 – 2019 shall apply to the Competent Authority for admission through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The Candidate should submit along with the On Line Application, the requisite certificates, as applicable and upload the documents on line in the necessary Proforma issued by the concerned Competent Authority.
Apply Online for CAP:
Eligibility Criteria for MH Law CET 2018
To apply for the MH Law CET 2018, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State. Only the eligible candidates will be able to fill the application form of Common Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria for both the courses LLB 3 Year/5 years are mentioned below. Interested candidates are advised to read the eligibility norms carefully and then apply for the examination.
Common eligibility criteria
There are some common eligibility norms which are same for both the courses. These are as follows:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- There are types of candidature through which candidate can apply for the examination.
Maharashtra State Candidate
- A candidate who is Domicile of Maharashtra or born in Maharashtra. OR
- The Father or Mother of the Candidate is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra/ employee of the Government of India/ employee of the Government of Maharashtra. OR
- The Candidates passing SSC and or HSC Examination or Equivalent Examination from a recognized institution from a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.
All India Candidature
The candidates applying under this category, must have Indian Nationality and have completed SSC and HSC examination from Outside Maharashtra State belonging to all Categories are eligible under this Category.
The Candidate who has completed his/her SSC and HSC from the State of Maharashtra and is domiciled in the State Maharashtra or Born in Maharashtra belonging to a particular Linguistic or Religious Minority Community within the State and as notified by the Government are eligible under this Category. The Candidate will have to record his Minority Type in the CAP Application form to avail this facility
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature
- The children of citizens, who are displaced from Jammu and Kashmir to any part of India or from unsafe border area of Jammu and Kashmir to a relatively safer place in Jammu and Kashmir from 1990 onwards due to terrorist activities; or
- The children of the citizen of J&K migrants or children of officers belonging to Indian Administrative Services (IAS) or Indian Police Services (IPS) or Indian Foreign Services (IFS) and children of staff belonging to military and paramilitary forces transferred to Jammu and Kashmir.
- The children of staff and officers of Jammu and Kashmir police engaged in combating terrorism; are eligible under this category.
Educational Qualifications for LLB 5-year and LLB 3-year course
MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
An Applicant/Candidate who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School Course (‘+2’) or Equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or Outside or from Senior Secondary Board or Equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any Equivalent Institution from a Foreign Country recognized by the Government of that Country for the purpose of issue of Qualifying Certificate on successful completion of the Course/ Examination, with minimum of 45% Marks in Aggregate*. (SC and ST Category candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra with valid Caste Certificate and Caste Validity from State of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in Aggregate)
- An applicant who has successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government of India or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course may apply for and be admitted in to the programme of the Centres of Legal Education to obtain the integrated degree in Law with a degree in any other subject as the first degree from the University whose such degree in law is recognised by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of enrollment.
- Provided that applicant who has obtained +2 Higher Secondary pass certificate or the first Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in Distance or Correspondence methods shall also be considered as Eligible for admission in the Course. There should be a gap of not less than Two Years between 10th Std. (SSC) and 12th Std. (HSC) (i.e. a Candidate who has qualified SSC Examination in March 2013 should have qualified HSC Examination Not Before March 2015.)
- Provided further that the applicants who have obtained 10Std./Secondary Schooling Certificate Examination, in a Single Sitting Examination without having Basic Qualification ( 1 st To 9th Standard of Schooling ) is not Eligible For admission to the 5 Yrs. LL.B. Course.
Further provided that, the Candidates who are Appearing/ Appeared for the Qualifying Examination (Regular Examination) of the Academic Year 2017-2018 for On-Line Registration and Confirmation of application form for MAH- LL.B-5 Yrs. Integrated Course CET 2018. Such candidates will be eligible for Admission only if they Produce the provisional/Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination and Mark Lists of all parts of the Qualifying Examination at the time of Admission
MH LL.B (3 Year) CET
- The candidate should be a Graduate and or Post Graduate in any faculty/discipline od knowledge of any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence, with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates ( i.e. 45% Marks for all the parts of the Degree Examination taken together), and 40% Marks in aggregate in degree examination in all parts of the Degree Examination for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to State of Maharashtra only.
- The Candidate who has passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2/3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from the university after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and/or 10+2+3+2/3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary (SSC) and Higher Secondary (HSC) schooling.
- The Candidates who have completed 10 (SSC) +2 (HSC) Education following Regular Mode are also eligible for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode/Open or Distance Mode.
- Candidates from Outside Maharashtra Universities will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of their Caste/Category and criteria applicable to Open Category candidates will be applicable to them ( Outside Maharashtra University Graduates/Post Graduates.,
Age Limit for MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
There is no upper age limit for admission to LL.B 5 Yrs. (Integrated) CET Examination in the Academic Year 2018-2019, in view of the case pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India. (Civil;) No 1023/2016 and the order passed by Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP 3235/2016. The admissions to LL.B.-5 Yrs. The course will be subject to the Final Outcome of various writ petitions. If the age limit is made applicable it will 30 Yrs. age for Open Category Candidates and 35 Yrs. for SC and ST Category candidates from the State of Maharashtra only as on July 01, 2018.
Age Limit for MH LL.B (3 Year) CET
There is no upper age limit for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET Examination for the Academic Year 2018-2019, in view of the case pending in Hon. Supreme Court of India in WP (Civil;) No 1023/2016 and the order passed by Hon. High Court, Bombay in WP 3235/2016. The admissions to LL.B.-3 Yrs Course will be subject to the Final Outcome of various writ petitions. If the Age limit is made applicable it will 30 Yrs. age for Open Category Candidates and 35 Yrs. for SC and ST Category candidates from the State of Maharashtra only as on July 01, 2018. All applying candidates should take a note of this.
Instructions to fill the Application form of MH Law CET 2018
The application form has been issued online. It is available on the official website of Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State at dhepune.gov.in Only the eligible candidates can apply for CET 2018. Therefore candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria that is mentioned above in this article. Candidates need to submit the application fee along with the fee prescribed by the Directorate.
Application fee: For the outside Maharashtra State (OMS) candidates/ General category candidates and J&K migrant candidates is Rs. 800/- Whereas candidates belonging to the reserved category candidates from Maharashtra State [SC, ST, VJ/DT (NT-A), NT-1 (B) NT-2 (C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC Categories] have to submit Rs. 400/-
The application fee must be submitted through Credit/ Debit card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Instructions to fill the form are given below:
- Visit the official website at dhepune.gov.in.
- To register, candidates need to click on the “Click here for New Registration” tab. Fill the necessary details such as name, contact information, email ID.
- After filling all the details and submitting it, a provisional registration Number and password will be generated by the system. It must be noted down by the candidate for the future use.
- The application number and password will also be sent to the registered mobile number of the candidate.
- Now, the candidate must enter the application number and password in the space provided for that on the official website.
- Fill the application form carefully such as Father’s or Husband’s name, details regarding SSC/HSC/Convocation/Degree certificates/Mark Sheets of equivalent degree.
- After filling all the details, the candidate must check and verify it by clicking on the “Validate your details”. Click on the Save and Next tab after cross-checking the details.
- The next step is to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The scanned images must be in the JPG/JPEG format
- After the successful upload of the images, proceed to the payment of application fee
- The fee receipt will be generated after the submission of the application fee.
- After the completion of all the above-mentioned steps, candidates must submit the form by clicking on the submit button.
Hall Ticket of MH Law CET 2018
The hall ticket for MH Law CET 2018 will be released by the Directorate on its official website. The information about the admit card/ hall ticket shall be intimated through SMS or email on the candidate’s registered email ID and mobile number. On the official website, the candidate needs to enter the registration number/ roll number or Password/ Date of Birth to download the admit card. Admit card shall indicate the important information about the examination such as date, time and venue of the examination. Hall ticket is the key to enter the examination hall. Therefore candidates must have the valid admit card along with the identification proof on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card and identity proof. Hall ticket will be required for the admission purpose so candidates are advised to keep it safe.
Marking Scheme for MH Law CET 2018
The directorate has set the marking scheme for the candidates who will appear in the examination. The questions in the examination will be of objective type. There will be no negative marking. The question paper will be in two languages English and Marathi. Candidates will get 2 Hours to complete the examination. All the questions asked in the paper will carry one mark each. The marking scheme for both the courses (LLB 3 year and LLB 5 year) is given below in the table.
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 5 Year CET-2018
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||40|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||40|
Marking Scheme for MAH- LL.B 3 Year CET-2018
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
In the exam syllabus for MAH Law CET 2018, candidates need to study the subjects that are mentioned above in the exam pattern of LLB 3 year and 5 year course. The contents of the Syllabus for MAH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year is given below.
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning:
This section will test candidate’s interest towards the study of Law, Legal Aptitude and problem-solving ability. Questions will be framed with the help of legal prepositions and a set of facts to which the said prepositions have to be applied. Some prepositions may not be true in the real sense. Candidates will have to assume the truth of these prepositions and answer the questions drawing well-supported conclusions.
General Knowledge with Current Affairs:
The topics such as History(Ancient. Medieval and Modern), Geography, General Science, Economics, Civics, and the Current Affairs of the past One Year. The subject is to assess the knowledge of the recent happening and awareness of the world.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning:
The subject is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying principles or rules. Further, the subject is to measure the ability to understand the structure. relationship and to draw logical conclusions about the structures. It includes reasoning deductively from the set of statements and rules or principles that describes the relationship between persons, things or events.
This section will consist the questions on the areas like Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Analogies etc.) Proficiency (Idioms and Phrases, One-word Substitution, Sentence Improvement and rearrangement, fill in the blanks etc) English Usage Errors (Common errors, Spotting errors, inappropriate usage of words, spelling mistakes etc.) English Comprehension.
This section is to test the numerical ability of candidates. The mathematics questions will be set from 10th Std. level of various topics including Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Venn Diagram.
Result of MH Law CET 2018
The result of MAH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course will be published in the form of a merit list. The merit list will be prepared category wise. The result will be announced on the official website of the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State at llb5.mhpravesh.in and llb3.mhpravesh.in respectively. Candidates will also be able to download the scorecard from the mentioned website which will indicate marks in the common entrance test. Candidates just need to enter the registration number to view the scorecard.
Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra State release separate information brochure for MAH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course. The information brochure contains dates and details about the respective examination. It also contains information about the application form, availability of it, eligibility, selection process and much more. Candidates can download information brochure for both MAH Law CET 2018 for LLB 5 year and LLB 3 year course from here.
Official Website: www.dhepune.gov.in.