IPU CET Law 2019 – Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) has dissolved IPU CET Law and will take admission to the law courses on the basis of the merit of Common Law Admission Test i.e CLAT 2019. On the basis of CLAT UG candidates can take admission in BA LLB, BBA LLB, and on the basis of CLAT PG candidates can take admission in LLM programmes. Online registrations have begun for UG and PG law courses for the academic session 2019-2020 on the official website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). Candidates qualifying the National level test will be considered for admission through the University Counseling. However, candidates must ensure that they match the eligibility criteria as mentioned on this page before applying.
IPU CET Law 2019
Although the admission to UG and PG law courses will be carried out on the basis of CLAT 2019, it is mandatory to register for these courses on the official website. The CET Code for BALLB and BBALLB is ‘121’, CET Code for Master of Laws – LLM (1 year) (Regular) course is 112 and CET Code for LLMW (2 years) is 181.
|Online Registration begins for UG and PG courses||23 Mar 2019|
|Last date of online registration for BA LLB, BBA LLB and LLM (1 year)||To be notified later|
|Last date of online registration for LLM Weekend (LLMW) (2 years)||20 May 2019 up to (4:00 PM)|
|CLAT 2019 Application form||13 Jan – 15 Apr 2019|
|CLAT 2019 Exam Date||26 May 2019 (03:00 PM – 05:00 PM)|
|CLAT 2019 Result||Last week of May 2019|
|IPU 2019 Counselling||To be notified later|
GGSIPU Law Courses
Candidates seeking admission in law courses offered by GGSIPU may have a look at all the available courses.
Integrated LLB Programmes – At GGSIPU, the candidates can pursue integrated LLB programmes. The integrated programme is of 5 years and students can take admission in the 5 year LLB programme(s) right after 10+2. Below are the integrated courses available at GGSIPU.
- BA LLB – Bachelors of Arts LLB
- BBA LLB – Bachelors of Business Administration LLB
LLM 1 Year and 2 Year Programmes.
Before filling the admission application form, the students must make sure that they match the following Eligibility criteria as laid down by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
A Valid score in CLAT 2019 – The candidates must have a valid score in CLAT 2019 in order to take admission in the available law courses.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for LLB Course
To be eligible for the LLB Course, the students must have at least 10+2 level of education. Students must have at least 50% Marks in the qualifying exam. English (Core/Elective/Functional) is a compulsory subject for the LLB Course.
LLM (1 year)
LL.B Degree as required by the Bar Council of India for Enrollment as an Advocate or an equivalent Law Degree from a Foreign University, with not less than 55% marks.
Eligibility Criteria to apply for LLM Weekend Programme (2 years)
The admission to the LLM programme does not require the candidates to appear for the CET. However, the students have to match the eligibility requirements to study law at the University school of law and legal studies.
- Candidates need to have an LL.B (Bachelors of law) degree by the Bar Council of India for enrollment as an advocate or equivalent degree from a foreign university.
- LL.M aspirants need to have an experience of at least 1 year in profession or service.
- Non-CET mode on the basis of performance in the qualifying
examination – 50%.
- 30% weightage is given to the interview.
- 20% weightage is given to the professional experience of the candidate.
- Final Merit list will be released on the official website.
Application Form for IPU CET Law 2019
IPU CET law 2019 application form is available online on the official website of GGSIPU. Applicants can check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The candidate has to register before filling the IPU CET Law 2019 application. Candidates have to follow the instructions provided for filling the application form and no field is to be left empty. Students should aim to apply for the IPU CET Law 2019 application form as soon as it is available.
How to apply IPU CET Law 2019?
Students who want to apply for the LLB and LLM courses at GGSIPU can check out the easy steps to apply for the IPU CET Law 2019.
Step 1 – Go to the official website of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Step 2 – Now the candidate would be required to click on the tab that says “Registration For Admission”
Step 3 – Upon clicking, the candidate would be able to see the application form on the screen
Step 4 – On the application form, the student has to fill the important details such as the personal and professional details
Step 5 – Now the students will have to upload their photograph which they can do by clicking on the uploaded photograph and signatures option
Step 6 – After following the above step, click on next
Step 7 – Now, the rest of the details such as the qualification have to be filled in the plication form
Step 8 – Now the declaration form will be shown to the candidates. They will now have to fill the security code and submit your application form.
Step 9 – Now the candidate will be given the login ID and the password
Step 10 – Now students will have to click on – “Apply for Course”
Step 11 – Choose the course that you want to apply for –
Step 12 – Pay the application fee
Step 13 – After paying the fee, the students will have to take a printout of the application form and the application process would get completed.
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Since the candidates have to appear for CLAT exam in order to take admission in the law courses of GGSIPU, students have to ensure that they check the below exam pattern.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen-paper Based)
- Duration: 02 Hours
- Total Time available for CLAT 2019 UG: Multiple Choice Type
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Type
- Marks Per Question: +1
- Negative marking: 0.25
- Total Number of Questions: 200
- Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen-paper Based)
- Time Duration for CLAT PG: 02 Hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ and Subjective type
- Marks Per Question: +1
- Marks for Subjective type: 50 Marks (Two Essay type questions each of 25 Marks)
- Negative marking: 0.25
- Total Number of Questions: 150
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
To prepare for IPU Law Admission through CLAT 2019, students must know the complete syllabus for CLAT 2019 exam. Candidates can check out the complete syllabus from below.
Syllabus for UG
- English Including Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Legal Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
Syllabus for PG
- Constitutional law
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.
Preparation for CLAT 2019
To prepare for CLAT 2019, the candidates have to ensure that they take all the possible steps for effective preparation. Below are some of the tried and tested preparation tips for CLAT 2019.
- For the improvement in the grammatical skills and improve general knowledge, the candidates must read the newspaper every day.
- It is suggested that for the Mathematics portion, the candidates must take out at least 1 hr every day.
- Know your weakness and practice daily.
- Take at least 2-3 online mock test every day.
- Have a separate notebook for writing down the queries. Candidates have to ensure that they sit with their seniors and get the clarification for their doubts.
Important Books for IPU CET Law 2019
Students looking forward to preparing for the IPU CET Law 2019 exam can have a look at the following book. These books have been continuously helped the students become toppers and thus you should also incorporate them into your studies. You can buy them directly through the direct links provided below.
|Name of the Book||Author Name||Buy Here|
|Constitutional Law||MP Jain||Buy Here|
|Simple Complex and Compound Sentences||Manik Joshi||Buy Now|
|Public International Law||V.K Ahuja||Buy Now|
|Jurisprudence (Legal theory)||Nomita Aggarwal||Buy Now|
|Reasoning Ability And Quantitative aptitude||TCY Online||Buy Now|
How to Prepare for IPU CET Law 2019
Students who want to prepare for the IPU CET Law 2019 exam can have a look at the preparation tips for IPU CET Law 2019. These tips have been referred by the IPU CET Law toppers over the years. You may find these highly helpful. Students should remember that hard work surely pays off but smart work pays better.
Take Mock Tests for Excellence
Mock tests are the secret behind many toppers success. Mock test prepares the students for the trickiest questions and also the questions that repeat in the mock tests are the ones that must be prepared well. In case of any doubts, the students can talk to their mentors
Sit with Your seniors
It is always a good idea to speak to your seniors who have already given the IPU CET Law exam. They can give you a really good insight into the exam and students can solve their doubts with their help. They can also refer some good books and handy notes which will prove to be really helpful for the students.
Start Making Short Notes
Making short notes can really prove to be very helpful for the students. This will help the students in the long run. During those last few days, short notes help in mastering the subject and help with good retention. Also, you will not need to turn pages again and again when the exam is around the corner.
IPU CET law 2019 Admit Card
The Admit card for IPU CET Law 2019 will be released on the official website of the IPU. Candidate can access their admit card using their log in Id and password created after online registration. The Admit card for IPU CET Law 2019 will be issued on or before 5 days of IPU CET 2019. The IPU CET Law 2019 admit card will be made available through online mode only. The admit card will be issued by the University to be used as proof of application for the candidature of the candidates at the time of counseling/admission.
IPU CET Law 2019 Result
The university shall declare the result of each CET in respect of qualifying candidates and the list of will be displayed on the University website, i.e. www.ipu.ac.in. The result of the exam shall not be sent individually to the candidates. Candidates can their result through their account login given during the registration process.
IPU CET Law 2019 Seat Matrix
The information is subject to the change in compliance of the University and/ or government of NCT of Delhi policies as notified from time to time, on or before the date of commencement of the first counseling.
- 85% seats are reserved for the Delhi region candidates. The candidates passed their qualifying exam from any school/institution located in Delhi. The seats will be filled up through the merit/ rank list.
- 15% seats are reserved for the candidates outside of the Delhi region. The seats will be filled up through the merit/ rank list.
- The division of seats between Delhi candidates and outside Delhi candidates shall be as
per the directions of the Govt. of NCTD directions received before the commencement of counseling/admissions in this academic session for the institutions located in National Capital Region and outside the National Capital Territory Delhi.
- In case of Self Financing Colleges/Institutes (except Minority Institutions), Sanctioned Intake includes 10% Management Quota (unless surrendered by the respective college/institute) seats (as per the CET Code). No management quota will be considered in case of University Schools of Studies, Govt.. institutes and Minority Institutions.
- The candidates shall be considered for admission in the Outside Delhi Region Category if the candidate fails to provide the proof of his/her study centre issued by the respective Board / University of being located in Delhi. The candidate has to produce the documents of qualifying examination through Distance/Open Education system of any recognized University/Board.
- De-reservation of unfilled Outside Delhi Quota Seats to Delhi Quota and Vice Versa: Seats reserved for Outside Delhi Category will be converted to Delhi Category and Vice versa for the programmes for which offline counseling will be done during the Open House Counselling (which will only be held if seats are vacant after 2nd round of counselling has been completed in the respective region). It is clarified that no such conversion will be allowed during 1st counseling.
IPU CET Law 2019 Counselling
The detail information regarding counseling will be available on the university website i.e. www.ipu.ac.in. & www.ipuadmission.nic.in. The information will be available before the commencement of online counseling. The candidate should read the eligibility conditions and satisfy the eligibility for the admission in the various programme before registering online for the admission and submitting the fees. The detail rules and procedure of the counseling shall be notified at the time of start of counseling process.
Official details: www.ipu.ac.in
For detailed information about IPU CET Law 2019 Exam – Download Information Brochure.