Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2019 will be conducted by the one of the 19 National University of Law (NULs). CLAT 2019 will be conducted for the admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate programme in various National University of Law. Many candidates might be looking forward to CLAT 2019. Aspirants should understand that to qualify an entrance exam good strategies, hard work, good timetable, dedication, and honesty is required. If a candidate lacks any one of these if become tuff to crack and the exam.
But no need to worry, we will provide good tips for CLAT 2019 preparation. We have total one year for the preparation, so better to lets being it from today. In order to start the preparation first, we have to understand about the CLAT 2019, exam pattern, marking scheme etc. Check the article for complete details on preparation for CLAT 2019.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2019
Ever since the age limit was removed or the CLAT examinations, the competition for the law seats is increased because of more competitors in the hustle. But, the studnets do not need to worry, if they have a will to conquer the exam, then come what may, you will be among one of the CLAT Toppers. Though it is not bad to take the help of coaching for the CLAT 2019 exam. However, since many CLAT topper’s including CLAT 2018 Topper Aman Gupta have clarified that there is no need to waste money on coaching if you have done the right preparation for the CLAT 2019. Thus we are going to tell you how to prepare for CLAT 2019 without coaching.
CLAT 2019 Education Qualification
The candidate should have passed intermediate (10+2) with minimum 45% for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and 40% for SC/ST category. Candidate appearing in qualifying exam can also apply.
The candidate should pass LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)from a recognized university with minimum passing marks 50% for ST/ST candidate and 55% for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) candidate.
CLAT 2019 Exam pattern
The exam pattern for CLAT is provided below. Candidate can check the exam pattern to start the preparation.
CLAT 2019 UG Exam Pattern:
- Total Time to finish the CLAT 2019 exam – 02 hours
- Total Number of Questions in CLAT 2019 – 200
- Type of Questions Asked- Multiple Choice Type
- Total Marks Per Question – 1 marks
The weightage of the question paper will be as below:
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|English including comprehension||40|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
Negative Marking: The students are informed that there is negative marking in theCLAT 2019 UG exam. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer given by the candidate in the CLAT 2019 UG exam
CLAT 2019 PG Exam Pattern:
- The total time duration for CLAT 2019 PG – 02 hours
- Total Number of Questions in CLAT 2019 PG – 150
- Type of Question in CLAT 2019 PG – Multiple Choice Type
- Total Marks Per Question – 1 mark
|Some other subjects of Law such asTorts, Contract, International Law, Criminal Law, IPR etc.||50|
Note: The students must note that there is negative marking in the CLAT 2019 PG examination also. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer given by the candidate.
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
Students must know the syllabus for the CLAT 2019 examination. On the basis of the CLAT 2019 syllabus, the candidates can do the effective preparation. The following syllabus is according to the last year. It is expected to remain the same for this year also. Students can note down the following syllabus for reference.
|CLAT 2019 UG Syllabus||CLAT 2019 PG Syllabus|
|English including Comprehension||Constitutional Law|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||Jurisprudence|
|Mathematics||Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.|
- Click here to check the complete Syllabus of CLAT 2019.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2019
Now we know the subject to cover for the preparation of CLAT. Now we will see what topics to cover in the subjects for the best preparation.
English including Comprehension
Divide the English in 3 part Vocabulary, Grammar, And Reading Comprehension.
- To improve the vocabulary start reading newspaper, collect new words and make their notes. Find the meaning and usage of the words. Search synonym or an antonym of the words. Daily practice the words and learn new words.
- For Grammar start with your school grammar book. Download grammar app on your mobile. Take an online quiz for the grammar. Practice a lot don’t on rely on intuition, prefer the newspaper and practice a lot.
- Reading Comprehension this part consumes much of the candidate who reads slowly. Tips for them is first to read the question carefully and then start reading the phases. In beginning, it may consume lots of time but after practice, u may find some improvement.
- Read newspaper daily for 2hr. Don’t miss to read the newspaper even a single day. Make the notes on an important topic.
- Improve your current affairs by watching the news, reading the newspaper and weekly magazine like Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama or Panorama for the events held on past year.
- Candidate can use Pearson’s book for the knowledge of history, geography, and science. Don’t mug up take a test to check your gk knowledge.
The level of Math in CLAT is similar to that of 10th standard. But still, it is the important part because scoring good marks in maths is easy. So prepare mathematics at least an hour on daily basis.
This section is based on mainly 4 topics
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- Indian Constitution
For this section, candidates are advised to refer last year question paper. Understand the paper and try logic to solve them. Try to solve the problems in time. Set the timer while practicing.Practice and take online Test on Legal Aptitude
- Logical sequences
- Blood Relations
- Number test
- Verbal Reasoning
Practice the previous year question paper and try to understand the pattern of the paper. Find the tricks and logic to solve the paper. Take at least 2 online mock test regularly.
Note: Don’t rely on others for your practice. Know your weakness, practice daily as if the exam is very next day.
Important Books for the Preparation of CLAT 2019
Following are some books suggested by the CLAT Aspirants and the candidate who have successfully cleared the CLAT entrance exam.
|CLAT 2019 Important Books||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and Examination||Bhardwaj||Buy Now|
|10 Year CLAT Solved Papers||Disha Experts||Buy Now|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Newis||Buy Now|
|General Knowledge 2019||Manohar Pandey||Buy Now|
|NCERT Class 10th TextBook||NCERT||Buy Now|
|Wren and Martin – English Grammar And Composition||DV Prasada Rao||Buy Now|
|Logical Reasoning (CLAT)||RK Gupta||Buy Now|
Along with the above books, the students can also check out the books below.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- English is Easy by Chetananand Singh
- Butterworths Lexis Nexis
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K.Pandey
- Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Objective Arithmetic by R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- GK Today
- Manorama Year Book
- India Year Book
- Universal’s LLB Entrance Guide