The DU LLB | LLM 2019 is an entrance exam conducted by the University of Delhi. Students can get admission in the graduate and postgraduate Law courses through this exam. Every year Delhi University conducts the exam for the DU LLB and DU LLM courses. Application form for DU LLB | LLM has been released on the official website. Candidates who will submit the applications will shortly be issued the Admit card which they have to carry to the exam hall. The admission procedure proceeds after the entrance exam with the counselling procedure and documents verification.
Students who will be having the minimum required percentage in the qualifying exam and the ones matching the other eligibility requirements as mentioned on this page will be considered eligible for the DU LLB | LLM courses. Through this page, the students will be able to get all the information related to the entrance exam such as the details on the Application process, Admit card, Result, counselling and along with all this, the students can get the preparation tips, Syllabus, Important Books and more.
DU LLB | LLM 2019
Delhi University had Reserved a total of 2719 seats for the available for the Graduate and the postgraduate course. Out of these seats, 2611 seats were available for the LLB course whereas 108 seats were available for the LLM course. Looking at the figures it is expected that there shall be competition among the students willing to take admission. Thus they have already started to prepare for the Entrance exam. But to begin the preparation you’d first need to know the prerequisites such as the Important dates, exam pattern, marking scheme and more. All of this is available below. Let’s first have a look at the dates for the DU LLB | LLM courses.
Important Dates for the DU LLB | LLM 2019 Exam
|DU LLB | LLM 2019 Important Events||Dates|
|DU LLB 2019|
|Online Registration for the LLB courses begin from||04 Jun 2019|
|Last date to register||17 June 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||June 2019|
|DU LLB Exam Date||03 Jul 2019|
|Declaration of the DU LLB Result||July 2019|
|Admission Fee Payment Date||July 2019|
|DU LLM 2019|
|Online Registration For the LLM courses begin from||April 2019|
|Last Date for Registration|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 2019|
|Last Date to Pay the Application Fee||June 2019|
|DU LLM Exam Date||05 Jul 2019|
|Availability of Answer key||June 2019|
|DU LLM 2019 Result||July 2019|
|Merit List Gets Available||July 2019|
|Counselling Begins For the LLM Course||August 2019|
Notice: It is hereby notified that the applicants who have applied for the EWS / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificates and have not received the same till date may upload the Acknowledgement Receipt of the application for issuance of the said certificate towards consideration of their application.
Eligibility Criteria for DU LLB | LLM 2019
Before filling the Application form of any of these courses, the students must make sure that they match the basic Eligibility Criteria as laid down by the University of Delhi. Candidates found ineligible for the courses can have a look at the below-mentioned eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for DU LLB 2019
- The Students must have attained a Graduation Degree from Delhi University or any Equivalent University to study the DU LLB course. The Minimum percentage of Marks is as follows.
- Gen Category Candidates – 50%
- OBC Category Candidates – 45%
- SC/ST Category Candidates – 40%
Eligibility Criteria for DU LLM 2019
- The students who want to pursue this course must have attained the 3 years or 5 year LLB Degree from any recognized University t be eligible for the LLM course.
- Gen Category Candidates – 50%
- SC/ST/Reserved Category Candidates – 45%
How To Apply for DU LLB | LLM 2019
The students who want to apply for the DU LLB or LLM course can have a look at the below mentioned Application procedure for both the course.
- The studnets are informed that the Application procedure is Online and the students first have to register themselves on the officil website of the University of Delhi. The official dates of the Registration will be available soon.
- Next, the students will have to enter the valid details in the registration form, The students must note that the details once submitted shall not be changed later.
- Next, the students have to upload the right documents such as the following –
Documents to be Uploaded
|Signatures (140×60)||50 KB|
|Self Attested ID proof||100 KB|
|Self Attested X Class Certificate||100 KB|
|Caste Certificate (If applicable)||100 KB|
Below mentioned is the application fee for the Previous year. However, the students are informed that they can refer the same since the application fee is expected to remain the same for the DU LLB | LLM 2019 Also.
- SC, ST, PwD and EWS : Rs. 300/- (per course)
- UR, OBC and other : Rs. 750/- (per course)
DU LLB | LLM 2019 Exam Pattern
|Exam Pattern||DU LLB||DU LLM|
|Total Number of Questions||100||100|
|Marks Per Question||4||4|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours||2 Hours|
|Level of Exam||National||National|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online|
|Negative Marking||-1 Mark for the Wrong Answer||-1 Mark for the Wrong Answer|
DU LLB | LLM 2019 Syllabus
Students who want to study the DU LLB | LLM course must note down the below-mentioned syllabus for the two. The syllabus shall be very helpful for the students who want to prepare for the DU LLB | LLM entrance exam.
DU LLB 2019 Syllabus/Important Topics
General Knowledge and comprehension
- Indian and World Geography
- Awards and Honors
- Social Studies
- Physical Geography
- Science and technology
- Everyday Science
Reasoning and analytical Abilities
- Reasoning Questions
- Odd man out
- Symbols and Notions
- Liner, Circular & Grid Arrangement
- Coding and Decoding
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagram
English Language & Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- One Word Substitute
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Detection in the written sentences
Legal Awareness and Aptitude
- Legal Maxims
- Important Landmark
- Indian Constitution
- Indian Penal Code
- Family Law
- Law of Tort
- Indian Contract Act
DU LLM 2019 Syllabus/Important Topics
- Company law and Partnership
- Contemporary Legal Issues
- Law of Contracts and Sale of Goods
- Law of Torts and Consumer Protection
- Family Law
- Public International Law
- Constitutional Law of India
- Criminal Law
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), Cyber Law, Environment Law
Download PDF: Click Here to download DU LLB | LLM 2019 syllabus
Important Books for DU LLB | LLM 2019
|Name of the Books||Autor Name||Buy Here|
|High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Wren and Martin||Buy Now|
|Jurisprudence (Legal theory)||Nomita Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Jurisprudence and Legal theory||Dr. V.D.Mahajan||Buy Here|
|Simple, Compound and Complex sentences||Manik Joshi||Buy Now|
|Fundamental Rights||Uday Raj Rai||Buy Here|
|Constitutional Law||M.P Jain||Buy Here|
|Proficiency in reading comprehension||Ajay Singh||Buy Now|
|Intellectual Property Laws||Private Publication||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for DU LLB | LLM 2019
Students who want to prepare for the DU LLB | LLM course can have a look at the preparation tips from below. The below mentioned are some great exam tips that will be very helpful for the students who need to know the secrets of the toppers. With the help of the preparation tips given below.
- The students appearing for any of the exams must note that they must stay concentrated and confident throughout the preparation. It is important for the students to stay concentrated.
- For the students who are appearing for the DU LLB 2019, the best way to prepare would definitely be to talk to the seniors and understand the important topics.
- Candidates who are in the Final Year of the LLB programme and want to pursue the LLM course must note that the important topics of the LLB course will be asked in the exam and thus if any of the topics or subjects need any sort of Clarifications, they can do so with the help of their mentors or friends
- The students must understand that they should start group discussion while preparing for the entrance exam.
- Now, the students must also begin to take mock tests. Mock tests help the students to prepare for the exam in a way that makes them easily fetch good marks. Along with the Mock tests, the candidates can also take a look at the previous year question papers. Highlight the important topics and make sure that you include those topics in the preparation every day.
The Application Form for DU LLB | LLM 2019 will be available on the official website of the Delhi University. The candidate will be required to fill the application form. The Unversity Delhi will announce the availability of the application form. Candidates will have to pay the application fee in order to submit the application form. The candidates must remember to fill the application form before the last date.
The DU LLB | LLM 2019 Admit card will be available on the official website and the students will have to enter the details to check and download the admit card after providing the Registration Number. The admit card will be very important for the students and the candidates have to carry it to the exam hall and submit the same when asked. The students must make sure that they keep the admit card safe and secure till the complete admission procedure gets over. Upon receiving the admit card, students must check the guidelines mentioned behind the admit card and follow them in the exam hall.
The DU LLM | LLM 2019 results will be announced on the official website of Delhi University and the students will be able to check the results after entering their Roll Number. The results shall be declared on the basis of the student’s performance in the DU LLB | LLM 2019 exam. Once the students submit their details, the students will be shown the result on the screen. Students must take a printout of the results and keep the same secured till the Admission procedure is over.
Official Website – du.ac.in