CLAT 2020 (Common Law Admission Test) is an All India common entrance test which is conducted on a rotational basis by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes. CLAT 2020 will be held in the month of May 2020. There is no upper age limit to apply for the entrance test. CLAT is a computer-based test which will consist of MCQ type questions. The score of CLAT 2020 will be accepted by the 19 NLUs and the institutions having Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
Candidate should register the application form till the last date and candidate should full fill all the eligibility criteria then he/she will be only allowed for appearing the examination. For more information regarding the CLAT 2020 candidate can see the below-mentioned schedule-
|CLAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Start Date of filling Application Form||First week of Jan 2020|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||Last week of Mar 2020|
|Last date of Online Fee Payment||Last week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for printing/downloading application||02nd week of May 2020|
|Release Date of Admit Card||03rd week of May 2020|
|CLAT 2020 Examination Date||02nd week of May 2020|
|Answer Key Release Date||03rd week of May 2020|
|Last date of representations relating to CLAT 2020||Last week of May 2020|
|Declaration of results/issue of Merit List||Last week of May 2020|
|Start Date of Counselling process||First week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of the First Allotment List||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Date for payment of Counselling fee, locking of allotted
seats/Exercising of option for upgradation
|03rd week of Jun 2020|
CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern
For the preparation of the examination, the candidate should know about the Exam Pattern. Information regarding the CLAT 2020 Exam Pattern is given below. Mentioned information is based on the last year information.
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer and -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|English including comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
Exam Pattern for the PG Courses:
- Time Duration: 2 Hours
- Total Marks: 150
- Type of Questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Marking Scheme: +1 for each correct answer, and -0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidate should know about the examination syllabus for the preparation of the exam. From the syllabus, candidate knows about the specified topics that what to be prepared for the examination. The mentioned syllabus is based on the last year examination syllabus. Candidates can see the CLAT 2020 syllabus from below-
- For UG Programmes
- English including comprehension- Includes correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling in the blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs- Includes national and international current affairs and GK
- Mathematics- Includes 10th Standard maths.
- Legal Aptitude- Includes legal propositions and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense, candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning- Includes logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc
- For PG Programmes
- Constitutional Law- Includes laws related to the nation etc.
- Jurisprudence- Includes legal systems, legal reasoning, legal institutions and their role in the society.
- Other Law Subjects such as Contract Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR- These section includes family laws, cyber law, civil law etc.
CLAT 2020 Preparation Tips
Before giving the examination candidate need to do the planning for preparation of the examination. CLAT examination held for PG and UG courses. CLAT UG examination carries different sections that are- English including comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, Logical Reasoning. CLAT PG examination carries different sections that are- Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Other Law Subjects (Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc).
How To Prepare for CLAT 2020 Examination?
Before the preparation of the entrance, exam candidate needs to go through the exam pattern and syllabus first by going through this candidate will get the estimate that which topics need more time or which topic need less time for the preparation. As per the interest of the candidate in the subject, he/she should start the preparation. Candidate should make the proper timetable and should follow the timetable for preparing of the exam within the time period. Sectionwise preparation details are given below-
- Verbal Ability- Candidate should do the practice for reading the para in a faster way. Candidate should work on their grammar fundamentals.
- Quantitative Aptitude- In this section generally maths questions based on the formula will come so their will be no need to go through the deep study for this section. Candidate needs to memorize the formula for solving the different formula based question.
- Reasoning- Candidate needs to learn the different logic which will be applied in the different questions. This section checks the mental ability of the candidate, candidate who will solve the question by using his/her mind and by using tricks will be able to solve the questions in an easy way.
- General Awareness- For the preparation of this section candidate should read the newspaper, current affairs should see the news. This section usually takes less time for attempting the question and if the candidate has done the good preparation for this section than he/she can score the maximum marks in this section without any failure.
- Legal Aptitude- In this section, the Legal reasoning (situation based exercise) and Legal Knowledge type question will come. For the preparation of this section, the candidate should read the current legal law affairs books.
CLAT 2020 Important Books
|Name of Books||Link to Buy|
Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations:
Study Package for Clat and Llb
Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination
Self Study Guide CLAT (Common Law Admission Test)
CLAT & AILET Chapterwise Solved Papers
CLAT Study Kit (Legal Reasoning, English, Logical Reasoning,
CLAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria for CLAT 2O020 are divided into two section, on is for undergraduates and another on is postgraduates. Candidate can check the eligibility criteria from the below-mentioned information. The below mentioned information is based as per the last year information.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduates
- There will be no age limit for CLAT 2020.
- Candidate should be 12th pass by scoring minimum 45% aggregate for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories
- Candidate should be 12th pass by scoring minimum 40% aggregate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th examination in March/April 2020 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2020 entrance examination but the candidate needs to should show the evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduates
Age: There will be no age limit for CLAT 2020.
- Candidate should be graduated (LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exams) by scoring a minimum 55% aggregate for Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories.
- Candidate should be graduated (LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B. (Hons.)/any other equivalent exams) by scoring minimum 50% aggregate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2020 entrance examination but the candidate needs to show the evidence of the final result of qualifying examination within the given time-period.
CLAT 2020 Application Form
The application form will be available at the CLAT official website. Mode of filling the application form will be online. Candidate needs to fill the valid details in the application form. Steps involved in filling the application form will be- Personal details, Qualification details, Uploading of signature and photograph, Payment.
The below-mentioned fee details are based as per the last year fee details.
- Rs. 4000/- forGeneral, OBC, PWD/SAP
- Rs. 3500/- for SC/ST
How to Register
- Firstly visit the CLAT 2020 official website.
- From there click at the link in which Click Here For New Registration is mentioned. The registration page will open, mention the name, email ID and mobile number for the registration. Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated after filling the asked details.
- Know candidate need to asses the login by mentioning his/her Registration Number and Password. After accessing the log in the candidate will be able to fill out the application form.
- Candidate needs to fill the personal details, qualification details, contact details and click at the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button, next page will open at that page candidate will need to upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature and scanned documents and click at the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button, payment page will open. The candidate needs to pay the application form fee by using bank Challan or via Credit Card, Debit Card or Internet Banking.
- After the successful registration of the application form candidate will receive the confirmation E-mail or SMS at there registered mail ID and number.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
CLAT 2020 Admit Card will release in the month of May 2020. Candidate needs to check the mentioned details in the admit card first if any incorrect details are mentioned in the admit card then that candidate should immediately contact to the releasing authority of the CLAT 2020. Candidate needs to bring the one valid ID proof (Adhar Card, Pan Card, Driving Licence, Voter ID Card) and a hard copy of a admit card.
How to Download CLAT Admit Card?
- Firstly visit the CLAT 2020 official website.
- Log in by entering your registration number and password.
- Click on the submit button.
- After clicking on the submit button candidate’s admit card page will get open.
- Download option will be there by clicking on the download option candidate can download his/her admit card.
- Take a print of the admit card as it is mandatory for the candidates to bring a hard copy of the admit card on the day of the examination.
CLAT 2020 Answer Key
After the successful conduction of the examination, answer key will be released by the conducting body at the official website. The answer key published on the official website will only be considered. Candidate can calculate the marks by giving 1 marks for the correct answer and deducting -0.25 marks for an incorrect answer. The candidates after verifying the exam answers with the official CLAT 2020 answer key might have found some doubt regarding certain questions and answer options, the candidate can clear his/her doubt by file the objection through the online window.
CLAT 2020 Result
CLAT 2020 Result will be published by the online mode. The candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam. The result for CLAT 2020 Entrance Exam will be available in pdf format after the examination. The result consists of Roll Number and Name of the Candidate. To qualify the entrance exam, the candidates need to obtain minimum qualifying marks. The candidate who will qualify the entrance exam, that candidate can check his/her ranking in the merit list. Merit list will be declared at the official website of CLAT 2020.
CLAT 2020 Counselling
The allotment seats will be done on the basis of CLAT 2020 rank, in order of preference of college, category, number of seats. CLAT 2020 Admission in UG and PG programmes will be completed by the centralized online counselling conducted by the CLAT Office. The candidate needs to submit the counselling fee of Rs. 50,000 for taking participation in CLAT 2020 counselling. This mentioned fee detail is based as per the last year data. Within the time duration candidate has to lock the institute by visiting at the Institute and by doing the fee payment.
CLAT 2020 Cut Offs
The CLAT 2020 Cutoff will consider the minimum marks to be scored by candidates for securing admissions into the National Law Universities (NLU). Cut off will be based on the rank scored by the candidate in the CLAT 2020 entrance examination. CLAT 2020 Cut off will be based on the multiple criteria that are- Difficulty level of the exam and Total number of seats are available.
Number of Seats
As per the last year data, CLAT offered the 2175 total number of seats for UG and PG programme. The reservation of the seats for the different category will vary on the basis of the different institute. Institute are having different terms and norms so on the basis of that there reservation category seat number will vary. Candidate can check Number of seats reserved for the different categories on the official website of the allotted institute.
- Total Number of seats for the undergraduate programme in NLUs is 1308.
- The total number of seats offered to candidates of the state where the NLU is located is 621.
- The number of Special Category seats available is 235.