CLAT 2019 – The Common Law Admission Test, better known as CLAT 2019 is going to be organized by National Law University Odisha (NLUO) on May 26, 2019. CLAT 2019 Admit Card has been issued by NLUO on the official website. The prominent law entrance exam will test the eligibility for admission to 21 NLU’s. BA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, and LLM programmes are offered on the basis of CLAT 2019 exam. CLAT 2019 registration is open on the official website. Candidates have to register themselves before April 15, 2019. Check CLAT 2019 syllabus, dates, exam centers, age limit and more through this page.
CLAT 2019 official website is clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in. There is no age limit to appear for the CLAT 2019 exam. The CLAT 2019 Syllabus is available on the official website and is also available on this page. As per the new CLAT 2019 notification, the newly updated dates are available below on this page. Apart from the 21 NLU’s, there are about 49 Law colleges universities that offer admission on the basis of CLAT scores. The admission to National Law Universities shall be on ‘merit-cum-preference’ basis. Students can get any information about the 21 NLU’s through the e-brochure available on the Check below the CLAT 2019 dates through the schedule given below.
|CLAT 2019||Important Dates|
|CLAT 2019 online registration begins||13 Jan 2019 (Started)|
|Last date of registration/submission of application|
|Already registered candidates can pay their application fee by||20 Apr 2019|
|Last date to make the online payment||April 2019|
|Downloading of Admit Card|
|CLAT 2019 Exam Date|
|Result Announcement||Last week of May 2019|
CLAT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can get the admit card for CLAT 2019 on the official website. Students can download the admit card using their registered mobile number and email id. Candidates have to bring the admit card on the exam day. Along with the admit card, students also have to carry one identity proof such as an aadhdar card, voter id card, pan card, etc. The admit card for CLAT 2019 must be kept safe and tidy even after the exam. Many colleges take admission on the basis of CLAT 2019 exam scores and ask for the CLAT 2019 admit card.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Undergraduate and the Postgraduate examination has different eligibility criteria for CLAT 2019. Further, the similarity in both is that the candidates need to satisfy the CLAT 2019 eligibility in order to receive admission. Hence, the candidate willing to prepare for CLAT 2019 check this article for the respective examination.
Education Qualification: The education qualification for UG and PG course is different and is as follows:
For CLAT 2019 UG
- Minimum Education Qualification Required – 10+2
- Qualifying Percentage of Marks – 45% (General / OBC / Special Abled Person (SAP).
- % of Marks Required for SC/ST category candidates – 40% marks.
- Important Note for CLAT 2019 Aspirants – Candidate appearing in 2019 intermediate exam are also eligible to apply.
For CLAT 2019 PG
- Minimum Education Qualification Required – LL.B / Five Integrated LL.B. (Hons.) / Equivalent Degree.
- Qualifying Percentage of Marks – 55 Marks (General / OBC / Specially Abled Person category).
- % of Marks Required for SC/ST category candidates – 50%
- Important Note for CLAT 2019 Aspirants – Candidates appearing in the final year of Degree course can also apply.
CLAT 2019 Lower Age Limit: Many of us now know that there is no upper age limit to appear for the CLAT 2019 Exam. However, what we do not know is that there is a lower age limit in CLAT and it is as follows
|Category||Lower Age Limit|
|NRI Sponsored||20 Yrs|
|Specially Abled Persons||22 Yrs|
CLAT 2019 Application Form
CLAT 2019 application form has been released on the official website. Students will be able to register themselves and fill the application form by following the below steps.
How to Apply for CLAT 2019
To Apply for CLAT 2019, the candidates can follow the easy steps mentioned below.
- First, candidates have to complete online registration by entering details such as name, mobile number, Emai Address and a password of your choice.
- An OTP would be sent to the candidates on the mobile number entered. The same has to be entered for online registration.
- After validation, students have to fill the application form with personal, communication and course details.
- Next, the applicant has to select the National Law University as per his preference.
- Upload the photographs and signatures and also the state of domicile certificate (if applicable).
- Now, the candidates have to pay the application fee.
CLAT 2019 Application fee
The application form will be submitted to the CLAT Consortium only after the application fee has been paid. The application fee is the same for General, Pwd, SAP, OBC category candidates while the SC/ST candidates get a concession of Rs 500 in the application fee.
- The application fee for general category – Rs 4000/-
- The application fee for SC/ST candidates – Rs 3500/-
CLAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Knowing the CLAT 2019 exam pattern is very crucial. Candidates who are going to appear for the CLAT 2019 exam need the exam pattern to know about the exam. Students can note the exam pattern for CLAT 2019 exam from below.
CLAT 2019 UG Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – 02 Hours
- Total Time available for CLAT 2019 UG – Multiple Choice Type
- Type of Questions -Multiple Choice Type
- Marks Per Question – 01
- Total Number of Questions – 200
Negative Marking: Students are informed that there will be negative marking in the CLAT 2019 UG examination. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Check below the number of questions and marks section wise in CLAT 2019 UG exam from below.
|Name of the Section||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
|English including comprehension||40||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20||20|
CLAT 2019 PG Exam Pattern
- Time Duration for CLAT PG – 02 Hours
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Type
- Marks Per Question – 1
- Total Number of Questions – 150
Negative Marking: There will be negative marking in the CLAT 2019 PG examination. Students will lose 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. The weightage of the question paper will be as below. Check below the number of questions and marks section wise in CLAT 2019 PG exam from below.
|Name of the Section||Maximum Marks||Total Number of questions|
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR and Jurisprudence.||60||60|
|2 Subjective type questions||50 (25+25)||2|
CLAT 2019 Syllabus
The CLAT 2019 Syllabus is helpful for both undergraduates and postgraduate aspirants. Students can utilize the CLAT 2019 syllabus to prepare for the exam. Candidates can check out the important topics for CLAT UG and PG from below. Students can note down the important topics and begin their CLAT 2019 Preparation.
CLAT 2019 Syllabus for for UG
The Syllabus for CLAT 2019 is available for the candidates appearing for Undergraduate and postgraduate students. Candidates can check the complete syllabus for CLAT 2019 UG from below.
English (Including Comprehension)
This section will check the students English Proficiency and Grammar. Also, there will be two sections namely – Comprehension and Grammar. In the Comprehension section, the students will have to understand the passage, sentence completion with the use of correct grammar etc.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
This section is to check the student’s general awareness and knowledge of current affairs. Students will answer National as well as international issues in this section.
The mathematics section will ask questions from the elementary standards. Further, students will have to answer questions of mathematics subject up to 10th standard.
In this section, the students have to showcase their interest in law and the ability to quickly get to a decision and solve a problem. Students have to apply legal Principles to solve the questions in this section. The students will have to give the answer to the questions on the basis of their assumptions of what is right.
Logical reasoning section identifies the candidate’s ability to understand the pattern and the rectification of illogical arguments. Also, varied kind of questions such as – syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc will be asked in the examination. It must be noted that the visual reasoning will not be tested.
CLAT 2019 Syllabus for PG
Students who will appear for the CLAT 2019 PG exam can get the complete syllabus from below. If any changes will be made in the syllabus, the same will be updated here.
- Constitutional LawJurisprudenc
- Some other important subjects such as torts, contract, International Law, Criminal law, IPR etc.
Books for CLAT 2019
To get Good Marks in the CLAT 2019 examination, the students must get their hands on the best books For CLAT 2019 that are available. Also, students looking for the right books can prepare for their CLAT 2019 Examination with the help of the following books. These books can be downloaded with the help of the direct links that are given below.
|Books For CLAT 2019||Name of the Author||Buy Here|
|Wren and Martin – English Grammar And Composition||DV Prasada Rao||Buy Now|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Buy Now|
|10 Year CLAT Solved Papers||Disha Experts||Buy Now|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and Examination||Bhardwaj||Buy Now|
|General Knowledge 2019||Manohar Pandey||Buy Now|
|NCERT Class 10th TextBook||NCERT||Buy Now|
|Logical Reasoning (CLAT)||RK Gupta||Buy Now|
CLAT Previous Year Exam Analysis
If you are thinking about appearing for CLAT 2019 exam, you might as well want to know how the exam was for the CLAT 2018 attemXavier University, Bhubaneswarpters. Also, according to the experts, it becomes quite easy for the students when they have the preparation done through the previous year question papers. Which is the reason why below, we have the exam analysis for the past year.
The first thing that hit the CLAT takers were the technical issues that came and kept comming. On a regular interval, the systems faced varied kind of problems such as Hanging, Question paper not appearing on screen, system’s turned off on their own and what not. This hugely affected the performance of the candidates.
Easy Sections – Legal Aptitude, English and General Knowledge sections are the ones that the students felt to be easy.
Difficult Sections – Logical Reasoning and Mathematics were considered difficult sections.
How to Prepare for CLAT 2019
The students who wish to appear for the CLAT 2019 examination can take the help of the following examination tips by the toppers. Further, these tips are the success mantras of the toppers who got admissions in the top NLU’s. Thus, students can note these down and make sure they use them to prepare for CLAT 2019.
Success Mantra to Prepare for General Knowledge
General Knowledge is the section of the examination for which you will have to be in constant touch with the latest happening around the globe. Thus, it is highly important to keep studying General Knowledge throughout the year. Also, the students will have to experiment a little to prepare for this section. Students should also make sure they keep reading the newspapers and note down the important dates and happenings in a separate notebook. Students basically have to maintain a compilation of important details such as the appointments and the new announcements. Along with this, the students must take help of the internet to dig for further information but make sure that they are credible sources.
Excel in English Section with this Sucess Mantra
Students who are a little weak in English can also get good grades with the help of this success mantra. A really helpful way in which the students will be able to crack these sections is to keep learning new words. The best way to do so is to keep reading the newspaper. The newspaper is a great source but sometimes students get tired of it. Thus, to keep learning new words, students can make Flash Cards or similar things. This top will surely help the students learn with fun for CLAT 2019.
Mathematics – Don’t be afraid of it, keep practicing and love the subject
Students often find Mathematics tough as a subject and they tend to skip many questions from this section in the CLAT examination. Students must never be afraid of this section. In the fear of losing marks students don’t attempt many mathematics questions and thus don’t get ahead. First practice well and definitely attempt this section as it will be beneficial in improving your Rank. Practicing 10 questions every day can help the candidates in scoring well in this section.
Legal Reasoning – Stay Interested in Law!
This section checks the student’s legal knowledge. This means that the students will have to stay updated with the new and old laws and for that, students make take the help of the online portals or take mock tests. along with this the students can also take the help of their friends and mentors and do group discussions. You can also buy specified books available in the table above for Logicap
Logical Reasoning Preparation
The easiest way to excel in this section is to practice as many sample papers, previous year question papers as you can. Taking varied mock tests will also help the students within logical reasoning preparation.
And Lastly, Take the Risk and Confidently attempt the questions
The students who want to get a good rank in the CLAT 2019 examination must work on building confidence. Also, many times it happens that the students don’t attempt a question in a fear of losing marks. There will be negative marking in the CLAT 2019 Exam but the students can take this tip by the toppers to overcome the fear of it. Take the advice of Ananya Patwardhan, CLAT AIR – 19
- If you can easily eliminate 2 out of 4 options – Definitely attempt the question!
- In case you can eliminate only one out of 4 options – Trust on your Gut Feeling
- If no answer can be eliminated – Skip the Question
Participating Institutes of CLAT
Below is the list of the Participating National Law Universities that take Admission on the basis of CLAT scores. The list is as per the previous year. However, a new NLU as also been added to the list i.e NLU, Jabalpur.
- National Law School of India University(NLSIU), Bangalore
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad (MNLU), Aurangabad
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur(MNLU), Nagpur
- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU)
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU), Mumbai
- West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences(WBNUJS), Kolkata
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS) Tiruchirappalli
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Kolkata
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA), Assam
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranch
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Odisha
- RMLNLU Lucknow
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
Institutes other than NLU’s that Accept CLAT Score
Below is the list of Institutes that accept the CLAT scores as per the information available on the official CLAT website. These institutes have signed an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the CLAT office which gives them the authority to take admission on the basis of the CLAT score. However, students must also note that many more institution’s MoU’s are yet in consideration by the CLAT office and thus, the list may be updated with time.
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Asian Law College, Noida
- Amity University, Uttar Pradesh
- DIRD Holambi Khurd, Delhi
- Dr. K.N. Modi University, Rajasthan
- Galgotias University, Uttar Pradesh
- Faculty of Law, Marwadi University, Rajkot
- Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat
- Gitam School of Law, Visakhapatnam
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- Harlal School of Law, Greater Noida
- ICFAI University, Tripura
- IFIM Law College, Bangalore
- IIMT University, College of Law, Meerut
- IMS Unison University, Dehradun
- Indore Institute of Law, Indore
- Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Mathura Institute of Legal Studies and Research, GLA University
- ISBR Law College, Bangalore
- Jain University, Bangalore
- School of Law, Greater Noida
- Jims Engineering Management Technical Campus (JEMTEC)
- Kalinga University, Faculty of Law, Naya Raipur
- Law College Dehradun, Uttaranchal University
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida
- Maharishi University of Information Technology, Delhi NCR
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, MJRP Academy of Law, Jaipur
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Mewar Law Institute, Ghaziabad
- MSB Global Law Institute
- Maharaja Surajmal Brij University, Bharatpur
- NMIMS, Kirit P. Mehta School of Law, Mumbai
- NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanoon Sansthan (NIMT Institute of
- Method and Law), Greater Noida
- PES University, Bangalore
- Renaissance Law College, Indore
- Reva University, Bangalore
- Raffles University, Neemrana, Rajasthan
- RNB Global University, Bikaner
- Sandip University, Nashik
- Shri Vaishnav Institute of Law, Indore
- Shree Guru Gobind Singh Tricentenary (SGT) University, Gurugram
- Siddhartha Law College, Dehradun
- SRM University, Haryana
- The NorthCap University, Gurgaon
- Unitedworld School of Law, Karnavati University, Gandhinagar
- Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
CLAT 2019 list of updated test Centers has been released. Candidates can check the list from the given below.
Note: Candidates who have opted for other test centers which are not in the list above and desirous of opting for any of the listed Centres are required to update their Test Centre preference by 25 April 2019.
Instructions to update the test center:
- Login to your account using the mobile number and password you used for registration at clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in
- Click on the Update Test Centre button and follow the instructions on the page.
CLAT 2019 Answer Key
The National University of Law will release the provisional answer key on the official website. Candidates have to log-in to challenge the provisional key. The candidates can use the answer key to verify their answer an find the rough score. Candidates can check their answers to the questions in the CLAT 2019 Question Paper with the official answer key. Award and deduct the marks as per the marking scheme and you can find the total score.
CLAT 2019 Cutoff
National Law Universities will decide the Cut off after the examination. Candidate can check the previous year cutoff from the table below.
|NUALS||Last Year’s CLAT Cut Off||Closing Rank of CLAT|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences||213||7556|
|National Law School of India University||59||1779|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||574||29835|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||627||28216|
|Chanakya National Law University||909||16614|
|National Law University Odisha||1023||15734|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy||1124||17322|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University||1180||38156|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur||1126||39573|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||130||5098|
|National Law University Jodhpur||343||8051|
|Gujarat National Law University||453||10585|
|National Law Institute University||351||17348|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||801||12580|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies||826||24087|
|National University of Study and Research in Law||1051||28174|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School||1151||25604|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||478||17294|
CLAT 2019 Result
Candidates can check their CLAT 2019 result from the official website by providing the Registration number and password. The CLAT 2019 result will contain the score obtained by the candidates. On the basis score obtained by the candidate, merit list will be available. If two or more candidate will secure equal marks then the tie-breaking method will be used.
Tie Breaking Method for CLAT 2019 UG:
- The higher rank will be provided to the candidate with high marks in a component/section of legal aptitude.
- If the tie persists, the candidate higher in age will be given preference.
- If there is still a tie, then computerized draw of lots will be used.
Tie Breaking Method for CLAT 2019 UG:
- The rank will be provided to the higher age candidate.
- If the tie still exists then the computerized draw of lots will be used.
CLAT 2019 Counselling
After the released, the qualified candidates will be issued the call letters to appear for the CLAT 2019 counselling. The CLAT counselling procedure is an online process. On the counselling day, students will have to provide the relevant documents (check image below) and pay the counselling fee as mentioned below. After payng the half amount on the counselling day, the rest of the amount has to be submitted by personally reporting at the allotted NLU. Students can check below the important dates for the CLAT 2019 counselling.
|CLAT 2019 Counselling||Expected Dates|
|Availability of the 1st Counselling List||Second week of June 2019|
|Fee Payment for Round 1||Second week of June 2019|
|Choice Locking for the first round of counselling begins||Second week of June 2019|
|Fee Payment for the CLAT 1st Counselling – Last date||Third week of June 2019|
|Last date for the Choice locking for Round 1 – CLAT Counselling||Third week of June 2019|
|Availability of CLAT 2019 Result||Third week of June 2019|
|Second Round of Counselling||Third week of June 2019|
|Payment for 2nd Round of Counselling||Third week of June 2019|
|Choice Locking for CLAT Counselling – Round 2||Third week of June 2019|
|Last Date to Pay CLAT 2019 Second Counselling Fee||Third week of June 2019|
|Choice Locking for Round 2 Ends||Third week of June 2019|
|Last date to withraw from CLAT Counselling/Opt out of the Admission Process||Last week of June 2019|
|3rd List of CLAT 2019 Counselling||Last week of June 2019|
|Fee Payment for 3rd round begins||Last week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for 3rd round of CLAT 2019 Counselling Begins||Last week of June 2019|
|Last Date Pay CLAT 2019 round 3 payment||Last week of June 2019|
|Choice locking for allotted seats for Counselling Round III ends||Last week of June 2019|
|Completing formalities at the allotted NLU’s||Last week of June 2019|
|CLAT office receives the admission status||First week of July 2019|
|CLAT 2019 Admission office gets closed||First week of July 2019|
Important Instruction: The candidates allowed with the seat has to pay Rs. 50000 for the counseling fee. The amount is to be paid once when the name appears in the first allotment list.
Important Instructions for CLAT 2019
- Students are expecting NLU Odisha to conduct the CLAT 2019 exam.
- Students have to fill the application form in the online mode only.
- No hard copy of the application form has to be sent to the CLAT office.
- Make sure to fill only authentic information in the Application Form.
- The CLAT 2019 Brochure will be available for the students soon on the CLAT 2019 Official website and also the websites of the participating institutes.
CLAT 2019 Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have tried to clarify as many queries related to the CLAT 2019 exam. Since it is a very big event for the law aspirants, queries are rapidly incoming. In the event that the candidates have any query of their own, they can add their question in the comment section below and our CLAT experts will try to revert as soon as possible.
Question – Who is conducting the CLAT 2019 Exam??
Answer – National Law University, Odisha.
Question – Which is the right time to begin CLAT 2019 exam?
Answer – Hello, it is very important to start off the preparation from now. Today is the best day to start the preparation for CLAT 2019. Many students are already halfway there and if you start your sincere preparation from today, you will surely match the lead.
Question – Is there any age limit for the CLAT 2019 exam??
Answer – No, the age limit was removed by the supreme court back in 2017.
Question – Kindly suggest some good books for the CLAT 2019 exam?
Answer – There is a list of Books that will prove to be very helpful for the students if they want to prepare for CLAT 2019 exam. However, first of all, the students must make sure to complete their NCERT.
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and Examination
- 10 Year CLAT Solved Papers
- Word Power Made Easy
- General Knowledge 2019
- NCERT Class 10th TextBook
- Wren and Martin – English Grammar And Composition
- Logical Reasoning (CLAT)
All of the above books are available above on this page.
Question – Do all the National Law Universities will take admission on the basis of CLAT score.
Answer – No, National law university, Delhi has their own admission test called AILET.
Question – I am thinking of appearing in CLAT 2019 exam. But I don’t want my 2019 board exam preparation to suffer. What should I do?
Answer – Hello. I will suggest that since you are looking forward to a career in the field of law. The students will be expected to managing multiple projects at a time. I think this is the right time to start nourishing such skills. Start Making a timetable and divide the time between both board preparation and the CLAT 2019 Preparation.