CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Candidates looking forward to appearing for the CLAT 2019 must match the eligibility criteria laid down by CLAT Committee. CLAT 2019 will be conducted on May 12, 2019, for admission to UG and PG courses at 21 National Law Universities (NLU’s). Be it UG or PG course, it’s not just the CLAT 2019 exam that the candidates have to qualify. Candidates also need to match the overall eligibility criteria for CLAT 2019 in order to get admission. Remember to cross-check the CLAT 2019 eligibility criteria before filling the CLAT 2019 Application form. Know the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2019 exam for all the categories from the page below.
Application form (Available) – CLAT 2019 Application form is now live on the official website. Apply today to appear for the entrance exam.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are tested for their eligibility on the basis of academic qualification, age limit, and nativity. Separate eligibility criteria are set for LLB, BA LLB, and LLM courses. However, separate eligibility criteria in terms of qualification and age are there for the candidates belonging to reserved categories. Know the complete CLAT 2019 eligibility criteria from below.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for LLB
Candidates aiming to take admission in the five-year integrated LL.B course can note down the below eligibility criteria.
- Age limit criteria
There is No upper age Limit to study the 5 years integrated LL.B course. However, there is a lower age limit set for the same.
|Category||Lower Age Limit|
|NRI Sponsored||20 Yrs|
|Specially Abled Persons||22 Yrs|
- Academic Qualification
- Minimum required education qualification – 10+2
- Qualifying marks – 45% (General / OBC / Special Abled Person (SAP). 40 % (SC/ST)
- Who else can apply – Candidates appearing for the final year 10+2 examination can also apply for CLAT UG 2019.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria for LLM
Candidates who are looking forward to continuing their legal education via LL.M course can appear for the CLAT 2019 PG exam. The eligibility criteria for such students is mentioned below.
- Age limit criteria
There is no upper age limit to appear for the CLAT 2019 LL.M exam.
- Academic Qualification
- Minimum required education qualification – Candidates having completed LL.B/ BA. LLB can apply for the LL.M course.
- Qualifying Marks – 45% (General / OBC / Special Abled Person (SAP). 40 % (SC/ST)
- Who else can apply – Candidates appearing in the final year LL.B course can apply for CLAT 2019 PG Exam.
How Many Times Can You Appear for CLAT Exam?
Candidates are informed that they are eligible to appear for CLAT exam as many time as they want. Therefore, in the event that the candidates did not clear the CLAT 2019 exam in the previous year, they can still prepare for CLAT 2019 exam. However, students can also consider appearing for exams other than CLAT 2019 such as the following.
Options Other than CLAT 2019
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET 2019)
- Symbiosis Law Admission Test (SLAT 2019)
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT 2019)
Documents required for CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
It will be mandatory for the candidates applying for the CLAT 2019 exam to submit the eligibility documents at the time of filling the CLAT 2019 Application form. Candidates have to upload their documents in the scanned format in the online application form. Make sure that these documents are relevant, authentic and as per the specifications as prescribed by the CLAT consortium.
Note – Candidates have to upload their original eligibility documents in the PDF Format Only. No hard copy of these documents has to be sent to the CLAT office.
1. Documents to be submitted by the residents of India
- Class 10th Certificate
- Cass 12th Certificate
- Category Certificate for SC/ST/OBC Candidates
- Relevant Certificate by the competent authority in case candidate is applying under ‘Person with Disabilities (PWD)’ category.
- Relevant Certificate by the competent authority in case candidate is applying under ‘Below Poverty Line, (BPL)’ category.
- Domicile Certificate in case the students want to claim state reservation. This document has to be produced at the time of admission.
2. Documents to be submitted by NRI / NRI Sponsored Candidates
- Copy of valid Indian passport
- Certificate from local embassy stating the candidate is NRI / NRI Sponsored or PIO Card
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria – FAQ’s
Here are some of the solved queries related to CLAT 2019 eligibility of the candidates willing to appear for CLAT 2019 exam. Candidates having any doubts related to the CLAT 2019 Eligibility criteria can leave their queries in the comment section below.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility – Frequently Asked Questions
Question – Any changes in the CLAT 2019 eligibility criteria?
Answer – Yes, the upper limit has been removed by the Supreme court to appear for the CLAT exam.
Question – What is the percentage of marks required by NRI candidates for LLB and LLM?
Answer – The minimum percentage required by NRI Candidates for BA LLB / LLM course is same as for the general category. 45 % for BA LLB and 55% for LLM.
Question – I will be appearing for my class 12th final year exams in March. Am I still eligible to appear for CLAT 2019?
Answer – Yes! definitely, you can appear for CLAT 2019 even if you will be appearing for your final year board exams.
Question – Any age limit to appear for CLAT 2019 PG exam?
Answer – No. Any candidate matching the eligibility criteria for CLAT 2019 LLM can appear for the exam irrespective of their age.
Question – Are there different eligibility criteria for NLU’s also?
Answer – Yes, students have to go through the eligibility criteria for all the NLU’s before appearing for the exam. Students can go through the e-brochures of all NLU’s to know all about the CLAT 2019 Admission Procedure in NLU’s.
Question – Do NRI candidates have to appear for CLAT 2019?
Answer – Yes, NRI category candidates have to appear for the CLAT 2019.
Questions – I am a foreign national. How can I get admission in NLU?
Answer – Admission is offered directly in NLUCLAT 2019 exam. However, the admission will be given considering the performance of the candidate in the qualifying exam.