CLAT 2019 Counselling – The counselling procedure for CLAT 2019 will be started in the Online mode after CLAT 2019 examination. CLAT qualified candidates having their name in the merit list will be sent the call letters. In order to appear for the 2019 CLAT Counselling, the candidates have to qualify in the CLAT 2019 exam. On the CLAT 2019 Counselling day, the candidates have to be present with all the necessary documents required and also, the students will have to submit Rs 50,000 as the CLAT 2019 Counselling fee and the remaining fee has to be submitted at the allotted NLU. Candidates have to keep in mind the important dates for the CLAT Counselling 2019 which can be found in the important dates table down below. Through this page, the candidates can check out all the aspects of the CLAT 2019 couselling such as the documents submission, how to pay the counseling fee, admission formalities at the allotted NLU’s and much more.
CLAT 2019 Counselling
The candidates will be available 3 major options during the counselling process. Candidates can either Lock their seat, use the “upward shifting” option or the use the CLAT counselling withdrawal option. However, candidates are informed that they will not be able to get the refund for the submitted couselling fee (charged Rs 50,000 in the previous years and likely to remain the same as the CLAT 2019 counselling fee) if they will call for the refund after the last date. Keep reading further to check out the important dates for the CLAT 2019 counselling and much more.
Important Dates for CLAT 2019 Counselling
|CLAT 2019 Result||4th week of May 2019|
|The release of 1st Allocation List||2nd week of June 2019|
|Payment of the Counselling fee||2nd week of June 2019|
|The release of 2nd allotment List||3rd week of June 2019|
|Counseling fee payment||3rd week of June 2019|
|Last date to withdraw from the admission process||3rd week of June 2019|
|The release of 3rd allotment list||4th week of June 2019|
|Payment of the remaining amount (Full admission fee)||4th week of June 2019|
|Complete the formalities at the allotted NLU||4th week of June 2019|
|The candidate receives the status of admission from the allotted NLU||1st week of July 2019|
|Admission Process Closes||1st week of July 2019|
Documents Required for CLAT 2019 Counselling
The candidates will be required to submit the relevant documents to support their mentions in the CLAT 2019 Application form. Candidates have to submit the below documents at the allotted NLU on the reporting day after the completion of the online counselling.
- CLAT Admit Card 2019
- CLAT Application Form 2019
- CLAT 2019 Scorecard
- Marksheets of 10th
- Mark sheet of 12th
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Specially-abled certificate (If applicable)
- NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Sponsored NRI Certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile Certificate (If applicable)
CLAT 2019 Counselling Procedure
After the conduct of the CLAT 2019 exam, the following procedure shall be followed so that the students get admission to various NLU’s. Candidates can check the complete counselling procedure from below.
#1 CLAT office Publishes ‘First Allotment List’
First of all, the CLAT office will upload the list of the students who have been allotted an NLU. This list will be known as the first allotment list. The list will be available to check on the official website of CLAT. Those students who will not have their names in the first merit list must not lose hope as at least 4 allotment lists are expected to be released by the CLAT office.
#2 Payment of Counselling Fee
Here in this step, all the provisionally selected candidates will have to pay the counselling fee amount.
CLAT 2019 Counselling Fee – Rs 50,000
The students will have to pay the counselling fee in the online mode only. Only the candidates who will pay the counselling fee will be eligible to reserve a seat in the NLU’s. After the fee amount has been paid by the candidates, the students will get three options available to them.
- Upward Shifting
1. Lock – This option means that the candidate is satisfied with the allotted NLU. Candidates who will choose to “Lock” will not be eligible to change their choice afterward.
2. Upward Shifting – The aspirants who will choose this option will be considered for the NLU listed above the allotted NLU as in the preference list filled in his application form. However, this will work only if the higher NLU has vacant seat. There is no downward shifting option available
3. Withdrawal – Using this option you can withdraw your seat. This option will not be specifically available at this stage. However, in case the students want to withdraw, they can do so by intentionally not paying the counselling amount. The withdrawal option will actually be available after the release of the final allotment list.
#3 Release of 2nd Merit List
Now the 2nd merit list will get published by the CLAT office. All the students who have paid the counselling fee amount and have reserved their seat will have their names on this list. Provisionally selected candidates will also have an option to pay the counselling fee. Also, the CLAT office will release the list of the candidates in the waiting list.
#4 Release of 3rd Merit List
Next, the CLAT office will publish the 3rd merit list. In this list, the names of the students who have already paid the counselling fee amount to reserve their list will be listed. Again, the provisionally selected candidates will get an option to pay their counselling fee amount and reserve a seat. Students must pay the amount before the last day (will be notified)
#5 Release of 4th Merit List
Now, the final list of the candidates who have been allotted an NLU will be released. This list will contain the names of the candidates who have paid the counselling fee and reserved their seat. A comprehensive list of ALL the candidates who have been selected so far will also be available. Aspirants having their names in this list will have to pay the remaining amount of the admission fee while completing the admission formalities. The “Withdrawal option” will now be open for the students who want to withdraw their names.
Remaining Amount: Students have to pay the amount that is left after deducting the counselling fee amount from the Admission fee of the allotted NLU. This amount can be paid by reporting to the allotted NLU.
Withdrawal of Seat/Refund of CLAT Counselling fee
The candidates who select the “Withdrawal option” will be able to get the refund of the counselling amount paid. There will be a deduction of Rs 10,000 as the withdrawal charges and the rest of the amount will be refunded to the candidates.
#6 Complete Admission Formalities at the Allotted NLU
Now, the students who have paid the full and final fee of the allotted NLU have to complete the admission formalities at the allotted NLU. The formalities can be completed in the following way –
- Report to the allotted National Law University in person
- Paying the remaining admission fee and any other fee whatsoever.
- Submission of the required certificates and documents in original.
- Scrutinizing of the submitted documents by the authorities at the allotted NLU.
- The students who will not report to the allotted NLU within the time period will lose their seat and counselling amount – Rs 50,000 will get forfeited.
- The candidates who will be taking admission under reserved category will have to present the supporting documents.
- Students who will not match the eligibility requirements of the allotted NLU will not be given admission.