CLAT 2018 Application Form – NUALS has released CLAT 2018 Application Form. The application form has been released online, on clat.ac.in, but the candidates can also access it from the link below. The forms released on January 01, 2018, and can be submitted until March 31, 2018. The registration for CLAT 2018 is to be done in the prescribed manner. The application fee for the exam is Rs. 4000 (Rs. 3500 for SC/ST candidates). Candidates can remit fee amount via challan or online payment gateway. The fee payment can be submitted until March 31, 2018, through online medium. Check how to submit CLAT 2018 Application Form, payment details, important documents, eligibility, and more information from this page
CLAT 2018 Application Form
It is advised to candidates to keep the qualifying examination certificates/ documents ready before applying. Also, make sure the scanned documents uploaded are clear enough otherwise your application form may be canceled. Check the schedule for CLAT 2018 Application Form in the table below.
|Online registration started on||01 Jan 2018|
|Offline Payment Option Available until||28 Feb 2018|
|Fee payment via challan can be done until||07 Mar 2018|
|The last to register for the exam||31 Mar 2018|
|Fee payment via online medium can be done until||31 Mar 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||20 Apr to 12 May 2018|
|CLAT 2018 will be held on||13 May 2018|
The candidates should note that after the submission of the application form, they will not be allowed to edit any information afterward.
Application Form: Click Here to register for CLAT 2018.
What are the documents required while applying online?
Keep the following documents/ information ready prior to filling of the CLAT 2018 Online Application Form:
- Educational Qualification Certificates
- A soft-copy of SAP certificate
- Scanned copies of Photograph and Signature
Eligibility Criteria for CLAT 2018
Before candidates proceed to apply online for CLAT 2018, ensure that they must fulfill the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for CLAT 2018 is explained below:
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for UG and PG Programme in CLAT 2018.
For UG Programme:
- General/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP): They must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 45% aggregate.
- SC/ST: They must have secured 40% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2018 are also eligible to appear in the CLAT-2018 online examination.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
For PG Programme:
- General/ OBC/ Specially Abled Persons (SAP): They must have LL.B degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% aggregate.
- SC/ST: They must have secured 50% aggregate in LL.B or equivalent examination.
- The candidate must have passed/appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his/her admission.
- In case of candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination, he/she may submit his/her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University/Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
How to Apply for CLAT 2018?
To apply online for CLAT 2018, follow the simple steps as given below:
Step 1: Registration: Access the link above, it will lead you to the window below:
Then, click on “Click here for New Registration’ button and read all the instructions carefully.
Step 2: Filling the Application Form: Next, the candidates will have to fulfill the CLAT Registration 2018 formalities. To do so, the candidates will have to submit the following details:
- First Name
- Confirm First Name
- Middle Name
- Confirm Middle Name
- Last Name
- Confirm Last Name
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Confirm Mobile Number
- Alternative Number
- Email ID
- Confirm Emil ID
- Security Code
Once, the details are submitted, the candidates will get a confirmation e-mail. In it, the Registration Number and Password will be allocated. Submit these details to login and access the CLAT Application Form.
Step 3: Upload the Images: After submitting the basic details, the candidates need to upload Photograph and Signature in the application form. The specification to upload the images are as below.
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||JPG/JPEG Format||20 KB – 50 KB|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||JPG/JPEG Format||10 KB – 20 KB|
The photograph should be clear and of good quality. The candidates must ensure that their face is clearly visible and there is no red eye, glare, shadow, etc in the image. Also, the signature is to be done on a white sheet, with Black pen.
Step 4: Enter Details in CLAT 2018 Application Form: After uploading the images, the candidates will have to enter following details in the Clat Application Form.
- Programme Applying For
- All India Category Applied For
- State of Domicile
- State of Residence
- State of Nativity
- Are you a Person with Disability (PWD/SAP/Divyang)
- Percentage of Disability (if any)
- Would you Bring a Scribe?
- Would you Like to Have Acess to previous Year CLAT Question Paper in e-format
University Reservation Categories
- In this section, the name of NLUs will be given and the candidates will have to define there category.
Exam City Preference
- Examination City Preference 1
- Examination City Preference 2
- Examination City Preference 3
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Address for Correspondence
- Address 2
- Address 3
- Permanent Address
Application Fee and QP Fee (where QP is opted for)
Step 5: Pay the Application Fee: Now, candidates can proceed to the payment of application form. The application fee can be paid online through Net Banking /Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Pay Wallet/ RuPay etc. or through offline mode of e-challan. The candidate needs to pay the following amount of the application fee.
|SC/ ST Category||Rs. 3500/-|
|Unreserved/ SAP/ OBC/ Others||Rs. 4000/-|
Note: The Application Fee won’t be refunded once paid.
Step 5: Submit and Take a print out of the Application Form: After the payment is done successfully, the applicants should submit the application form online. On completing the above-mentioned steps, it is advised to the applicants to take a print out of the completed application form for future reference.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT 2018 Application Form, please ask in comments below.