AP PGLCET 2020 is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur on behalf of APSCHE. The entrance exam is conducted to offer admission to aspirants in LLM programmes available as full-time regular courses at Universities of Andhra Pradesh and their affiliated colleges for the academic session 2020-21. As per the instructions issued by the Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education, the AP Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test 2020 and its admissions shall be made in strict compliance of the Rules and Regulations of the Sri Krishnadevaraya University, APSCHE and other existing laws and amendments. Candidates can find other information including the eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, result for AP PGLCET 2020 in the article below.
AP PGLCET 2020
It is important that candidate read all the instruction regarding admission process before proceeding any further in the admission. Candidate can find important dates pertaining to AP PGLCET 2020 from the table provided below.
|Online application forms will be available from||2nd week of Mar 2020|
|Last date for submission of applications||1st week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for submission of application with a late fee of Rs.500/-||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Issuance of Admit Card||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|AP PGLCET 2020 Online Exam Date||2nd week of Apr 2020|
|Answer key will be released on||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Declaration of Result||last week of Apr 2020|
Aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for the online entrance exam, PGLCET 2020.
- The candidate should possess a LL.B./B.L. degree and must have passed the qualifying examination with atleast 50% marks in aggregate (for OC/BC) and 45% marks in aggregate (for SC/ST).
- The candidates who will appear in the final examination of LL.B./B.L. degree are also eligible to appear for the entrance examination.
The candidate should be an Indian National and should satisfy Local / non-local status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
AP PGLCET 2020 Application Form
Candidates will be able to fill the AP PGLCET 2020 Application Form only in the online mode, at the website, sche.ap.gov.in. Links to download the Application Form will be provided in the Application Form page in the above “Quick Links” section. It is important that the candidate pay the request fee to be filled for the application form.
- In the application form, candidates need to fill their personal details, educational details and communication details.
- Also, candidates need to upload a scanned copy of the photograph and signature as per the format only.
AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card
Applicants will be able to download their AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card from the official website. To download the admit card, enter the application number. No printed admit card will be sent to candidate through the means of post. The AP PGLCET 2020 Admit Card contains the information of the exam such as date, time and venue of the examination. It is important that the candidate should safe guard the admit card through out the admission process. Candidate will also be download the admit card with the help of link which will be available on the Admit Card page in the above “Quick Links” section.
The following Exam Pattern will help the candidate understand the marking scheme and the pattern of questions which will be asked in the exam. This will help the candidate to prepare for the final exam.
- The entrance exam is a 90 minutes duration test in which candidates need to complete 120 MCQ questions.
- The Questions will be objective type including multiple choices questions,
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part -B||Public International Law||16|
|Crimes and Torts||16|
|IPR & Other Laws||16|
|Total No. of Questions||120|
AP PGLCET 2020 Syllabus
- Jurisprudence: Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions.
- Constitutional Law: Nature of the constitution: Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
The topics aspirants need to prepare in order to score well in this section of the exam are as follows:
- Public International Law: International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
- Mercantile Law: General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
- Labour Law: Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
- Crimes and Torts: Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions.
- TORTS: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- IPR & Other Laws: Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970; Environmental Protection Act, 1986; Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000 and Right to Information Act 2005.
AP PGLCET 2020 Result
The result of the AP PGLCET 2020 has been published on the website of the exam. Candidates are ranked as per the marks obtained in the Entrance Test. If there is a tie in total marks, the marks obtained in Part-A of Entrance Test is considered. If the tie still persists the age of the candidates will be taken into consideration. The older candidate will be placed higher in ranking. After one week of the publication of results, the candidates are advised to download the Rank Card from the website, sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are few questions which the candidate is looking for answers, we have taken a few and provided here with some answers.
Q1. What is the age criteria for AP PGLCET?
A1. There is no provision of age limit for appearing in this examination.
Q2. Can other state candidate give AP PGLCET?
A2. There is no such restriction on the eligibility to appear for AP PGLCET. Even aspirants based outside Andhra Pradesh can appear for the exam.
Q3. How do attempt Online Exam?
A3. Candidates are advised to practise the mock tests placed on the website and familiarize with the mode of attempting the online test.
Q4. What if two candidates will obtain the same marks on AP PGLCET?
A4. If two candidates achieve the same marks in AP PGLCET then the marks scored in Part A will be considered for forming the merit. However, even if still the issue still persists candidates will be ranked higher on the basis of seniority of the age.
Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in