AILET 2018 – NLU Delhi has announced AILET 2018 result. National Law University, Delhi conducted All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2018 to fill up 80 seats in BA LLB, 35+5 seats in LLM, and 05 seats in Ph.D. courses. The exam was held on May 06, 2018, and the result was announced on May 24, 2018. Check more details regarding AILET 2018 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application fee, exam pattern, syllabus, how to prepare, etc on this page.
The selection of candidate is on the basis of their performance in AILET 2018. Check the complete schedule for AILET 2018 Exam in the table below.
|B.A.LL.B (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Programme|
|Issues of notification||03 Jan 2018|
|Starting date for availability of application forms||03 Jan 2018|
|Last date for submission of application forms|
|Availability of admit card|
|AILET 2018 exam date||06 May 2018 (3:00 PM to 4:30 PM)|
|Declaration of AILET 2018 Result [BA.LL.B (Hons.)]||24 May 2018|
|Date for issue of letters for admission (1st List)||24 May 2018|
|Last date for deposing fee (1st List)||13 Jun 2018|
|Date for spot counselling for vacant seats||25 Jun 2018|
|Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in spot counselling||05 Jul 2018|
|Closing date for admission||25 Jul 2018|
|Interview of selected candidates||Last Week of July|
|Orientation programme||Last Week of July|
|Start of session/classes||01 Aug 2018|
|LL.M (One Year Programme)|
|Declaration of LLM AILET 2018 Result||02 Jul 2018|
|Declaration of PhD AILET 2018 Result||16 Jul 2018|
Foreign nationals are exempted from giving AILET 2018. A total of 10 setas in the institute will be filled directly with the Foreign Nationals on the basis of merit in qualifying exam.
List of Candidates called for Spot Counselling
AILET 2018 Application Form
The candidates can apply for AILET 2018 exam by following the instructions given below.
- The candidates firstly need to register by submitting E-mail ID, Password, Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mobile Number, State, and Address.
- After registration, the candidates will have to fill details in the application form, upload images, and pay the application fee.
- The applicants need to upload the scanned image of their photograph in .jpg,.gif or .bmp format and the file size should not exceed 150 KB.
- After payment has been done, you will receive confirmation through mail after which student will view & print acknowledgment slip in the from their e-mail.
The application fee for the examination is as below, however, Below Poverty Line (BPL) applicants of SC/ST Category are exempted from the application fee.
|Category||Application Fee Charges|
|Reserved Categories||Rs 1,050/-|
Mode of Payment
The applicants can pay the application fee by either of the following modes:
- Cash Deposit at Post Office
- Online Payment via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking
AILET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for AILET has to be cleared. Ineligible candidates will not be granted admission. The candidates can check the eligibility criteria from the page below:
- Eligibility for B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) – Candidates should have cleared their 12th with minimum 50% marks. Candidates who are awaiting results for their last qualifying exams can also apply for the exam.
- Eligibility for LL.M. – Applicant should have completed their LL.B. course from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks and 50% in case of reserved categories.
- Eligibility Ph. D. – The candidates must possess LL.M / Equivalent degree with 55% marks.
AILET Exam Pattern 2018
The exam pattern for AILET 2018 is as follows:
- For BA LLB course – The exam will be of 1 hour & 30 minutes duration. The test will be total 150 MCQ questions. There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
- For LLM course- The exam will be of 90 minutes duration. The exam will consist of 100 MCQ questions and 01 essay question. It will be of total 150 marks. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
|Questions and distribution|
|Subject areas||Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory|
|Objective Type||100 questions of one mark each|
|Essay||One Essay of 50 marks on a topic of law from the above subjects.|
|Total questions||100 (objective type) and 1 (Essay)|
- For PhD programme – There are 100 multiple choice Objective Type Questions of one mark each which has to be answered in the OMR Sheet. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
AILET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be different for all the courses.
For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) course, questions will be asked from English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, History, Geography, General Science, Economics and Civics), Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability). Whereas,
For LL.M. programme, questions will be asked from Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory.
AILET 2018 Preparation Tips
To prepare well for the examination, the candidates can refer to the below-given preparation tips.
- Read newspapers daily to catch up with GK and current affairs.
- It is advised that you give at least 7-8 hours each day to prepare for law entrance exams.
- Out of the 90 minutes in the exam, you should give around 20 minutes to the English section. 10 minutes each can be for Mathematics and GK. 25 minutes each will be required to attempt the Legal and Reasoning sections.
- Solve as much as AILET previous year question papers. It will not only help you in your revision but will also help you analyze your performance.
AILET 2018: Best Books for Preparation
Here are some of the highly recommended books by the toppers for preparation for AILET exam.
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|Objective English for Competitive Examination by Tata McGraw Hill||Buy Here|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Buy Here|
|Universal’s Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2017-18||Buy Here|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness Legal Reasoning 5/e||Buy Here|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey||Buy Here|
|Manorama Yearbook 2017||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2017 by Arihant||Buy Here|
AILET Exam Centers 2018
The cities in which AILET 2018 will be held are as follows:
AILET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for AILET will be released in the online mode. Candidates who will be able to register themselves for the exam successfully will be able to download their admit cards from the official website. It is necessary that the candidates carry the admit card on the day of exam or else they will not be allowed to appear in the exam Candidates belonging to Person with Disabilities category should carry a copy of their Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority, at the Examination Centre on the day of exam for availing the facility of scribe/extra time.
More than 12,000 students appear for the AILET UG every year against only around 80 seats. The candidates can check the previous year cutoff to get an idea about the minimum qualifying marks.
|Category||AILET 2016 Cut Off||AILET 2015 Cut Off||AILET 2014 Cut Off|
AILET 2018 Result
The result for AILET will be published in the online mode on the official website. Candidates will be granted admission in the varied courses on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in AILET 2018 exam. The official exam body will prepare a separate merit list for all the categories.
AILET 2018 Seat Distribution
The distribution of seats under AILET 2018 is as mentioned below:
|B.A LLB||80 (70 for Indian Nationals and 10 for Foreign Nationals)|
|LL.M||40 (30 for Indian Nationals and 05 for Foreign National)|
Note: One additional seat for Kashmiri migrants, and two supernumerary seats for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir. However, for LLM course the criteria for the additional and supernumerary seat is not applicable.
AILET 2018 Reservation Details
The following percentage of seats are reserved for BA LLB and LLM course for the academic session 2018:
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Persons with Disabilities||05%|
NLU 2018 Fee Structure
The fee structure for BA LLB and LLM programme at NLU Delhi is as follows:
For BA LLB course
|Particulars||Fee (in Rs.)|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 85,000 p.a|
|Halls of Residence||Rs. 18,000 p.a|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 12,000 p.a.|
|Other Fees||Rs. 28,500 p.a|
|Mess Advance||Rs. 15,000 per semester|
|One-Time Fees (to be paid only at the time of admission to the I-year)|
|Campus Development Fund||Rs. 5,000|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 2,500|
|Library Deposit||Rs. 5,000 (Rs. 2,500 for SC/ ST students)|
|Hostel Deposit||Rs. 5,000|
|Mess Deposit||Rs. 5,000|
For LLM Course
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 65,000/- p.a for Indian Nationals (to be paid in two equal installments at the beginning of each Semester)|
US $ 2000 per annum or its equivalent in Indian Rupees for Foreign Nationals
|Academic Support Services Fee||Rs. 3,000/- p.a. (to be paid in two equal installments)|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 1,000/- (one-time payment)|
|Library Fee||Rs. 3,000/- p.a.|
|Internet Fee||Rs. 8,000/- p.a.|
|Electricity Charges||Rs. 12,000/- p.a|
|Sports and Games facilities fee||Rs. 3,000/- p.a.|
|Journals Fee||Rs. 2,000/- p.a|
|Dissertation Fee||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Re-registration Fee||Rs. 5,000/- per course|
|Repeat Improvement Examination Fee||Rs. 500/- per course|
|Room Rent||Rs. 18,000/- p.a.|
|Mess Advance||Rs. 20,000/-(@ Rs.2,000/- p.m. for 10 months)|
|Library Deposit||Rs. 3,000/-|
|Hostel Deposit||Rs. 5,000/- (Rs.2,000/-for SC/ST candidates)|
|Mess Deposit||Rs. 3,000/-|